IRC in the Netherlands is looking for a Publications Delivery Manager. Deadline for application: 25 August 2022. Location: virtually from any location.
The Publications Delivery Manager will be part of IRC’s Change Hub. The Change Hub is a team of professionals that combines action research, support to large-scale water and sanitation implementation programmes, knowledge management, and influencing to change systems and improve water, sanitation, and hygiene service delivery. You will support us in the management of publication processes to deliver high quality knowledge products as part of that effort, reporting to our WASH Knowledge Development and Communications expert.
- Manage internal and external suppliers involved in the writing, quality assurance and control, peer review, editing and design of publications. This includes delivering knowledge products in English and French according to an agreed publications pipeline, brand and schedule. This will be in line with IRC and partners’ publications conventions and formats.
- Support to the management of a publications process and pipeline as agreed with the WASH Knowledge Development and Communications expert.
- At a minimum, bachelor’s degree in communication or other field relevant for the function.
- Advanced English and French speaker with a good knowledge of grammar, punctuation, style, and format. Knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage
- Ability to understand and interpret information for diverse sources and interpret it for equally diverse audiences.
- At least 3 years of publications management experience.
- Ability to integrate and apply digital solutions to knowledge product development and promotion.
- Relevant experience in working in international development is preferred.
- Excellent IT skills, especially with management tools and Microsoft Excel
- Being a team worker.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and intercultural skills.
- Knowledge of design software – InDesign, Adobe illustrator – is a plus.
Details of the position
IRC seeks to agree an associate contract providing a flexible annual framework. In 2023 and subsequent years we expect the volume of work to be around 50-60 days. Work may be done virtually from any location, the successful candidate must have appropriate working facilities, access to ICT and a stable internet connection. The candidate may work from one of our offices if preferred.
Initially, for the last 3 months of 2022, we expect the volume of work will be around 12 days.
Starting date: September 2022.
Candidates are kindly requested to respond with a motivation letter explaining their interest in the position including the daily consultancy fee, and a concise curriculum vitae latest by Thursday 25 August 2022 to IRC, attn. Marion Giese at [email protected] by mentioning Application Publications Delivery Manager (consultant) as subject.
Job interviews will be scheduled online for early September and the preferred starting date is sometime in September 2022.
IRC is an international NGO that works with governments, Civil Society Organisations, NGOs, entrepreneurs and people around the world to strengthen and support public systems for water, sanitation and hygiene service delivery. Our mission is to drive change that leads to everyone in the world having access to safe and climate resilient water, sanitation and hygiene services.
With over 50 years of experience, IRC runs programmes in eight focus countries, and smaller projects in more than 22 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. It is supported by a global team of over 90 staff, and has offices and presence in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Honduras, India, Bangladesh, Mali, Niger, Uganda and additional offices in the Netherlands and the United States. We work closely with our Destination 2030 partner Water For People.
IRC has a reputation for the production of high quality and impactful knowledge products making the latest developments and thinking in water, sanitation and hygiene available to a variety of audiences. You can see our resource library at Resources :: IRC (ircwash.org).