Location: Aden, Yemen
Job ID: 13523
Date Posted: Aug 2, 2022
We are seeking a WASH Program Manager to serve in our office in Aden, Yemen. In this role you will support the overall water, sanitation, and hygiene programs. We will rely on your expertise to provide training and capacity building of WASH field staff and the continued advancement of WASH programming. This is a tremendous opportunity make immediate impact.
A day in the life of a WASH Program Manager:
In the role of WASH Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Leads the work of the national Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) team comprised of coordinators, promotors, trainers, and other WASH staff.
- Supervises and monitors the implementation of WASH programming throughout the entirety of the project cycle: identification, design, implementation, evaluation, and closeout.
- Assists with planning project budgets, stewards funding through active budgetary management, and ensures appropriate expenditure according to donor requirements.
- Creates project organigrams, designs job descriptions, and hires WASH staff in coordination with the Human Resources Department.
- Abides by all logistical and operational policies and protocols for procurement, warehousing, and inventory.
- Ensures all project reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaises with all internal and external counterparts of the project including local communities, clusters, working groups, and Senior Management Team.
- Provides technical inputs to other Field Office projects that have WASH related activities.
- Actively pursues contracts with local government officials and with NGO and UN representatives as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Public Health, Hydrology, Geology, International Development, or related field of study.
- 1-2+ years overseas experience managing and implementing programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience (required).
- Proven ability to coordinate and manage staff, finances, and project activities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills. Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office.
- A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience living and working in Middle Eastern cultures (preferred). Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure, and be able to cope in high-stress situations.
Job Location: Aden, Yemen
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required); Arabic strongly preferred
Travel Expectations: Required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)