Requisition ID: 258646
- Relocation Authorized: National – Family
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Santiago
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what costumers can expect, and how we deliver.
Bechtel is seeking a South America Water and Pipeline Manager for the Mining & Metals team, based in Chile. The position will be responsible for Management of the Santiago WPBL office in Chile, South America for the Energy Global Business Unit (GBU). Has responsibilities for hiring water and pipeline resources, proposal input/development, supporting project studies and services for WPBL Pipeline and Water Treatment projects and coordinating WPBL staff assignments for studies and project delivery for Energy and M&M GBUs and South American clients.
The South America Water and Pipeline Manager is principally responsible for:
- Directing and coordinating activities for assigned water treatment, pipeline, and water delivery projects, or assigned portion of those projects including supervision of personnel of all disciplines within a global business unit.
- Establishing or assisting in establishing the detailed project execution plan and the development of the overall budget and schedule for potential studies and project support.
- Directing activities in preparation of project proposals, including estimates for staffing, scope reviews, schedules and coordination with Business Development and other functional groups.
- Inputting to elements of a proposal estimate (proposals and execution) for staffing and resources.
- Performing and managing the work in accordance with relevant Bechtel design guides and Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs).
- Coordinating proposals and delivery with Operations Managers, Project Managers, Procurement, Construction, Start-up, Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) and Project Controls.
- Conducting annual performance reviews for staff in accordance with approved procedures and holds career development discussions.
- Reviewing and approving documents, change orders, material requisitions and specifications for assigned WPBL studies and services.
- Visiting jobsites as required for exchange of information and project study delivery.
- Coordinating activities among the functional groups as on projects and studies.
- Initiating requests for specialized professional services.
- Reviewing project/study progress against approved schedules, evaluating changes and taking corrective action when required.
- Making recommendations to WPBL Operations Managers for key personnel for project assignments.
- Managing the flow of information required from third parties to assure the timely progress of WPBL scope.
- Supporting the WPBL in staffing of projects, studies, reports, forecasts, special engineering reports and plant data book.
- Communicating complex technical issues and recommends solutions to WPBL management, client, project, and functional management as directed and as appropriate.
- Championing the creation of a project work environment, supported by leadership on the project/program, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Liaising with clients so fluency in Spanish is essential and English is important
Qualifications and Skills
The South America Water and Pipeline Manager shall be knowledgeable and/or experienced in:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, business, or scientific discipline and /or
- A professional license in an appropriate discipline from a recognized licensing board, AND Progressive work experience, preferably in water treatment and/or water delivery systems, pipeline design and operations, water treatment technology development and selection, water and other product pipeline engineering, specialty engineering but may be in other relevant types of engineering/science including systems start-up, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, pipeline industry and trends, process plants or engineering/construction firms.
- Participation in the activities and proceedings of prestigious academic and professional societies, universities, and recognized national boards and bodies.
- Technical knowledge of water treatment processes and pipeline design and operation (water and all other types of products) and related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers.
- Knowledge of related EPC practices and the economics involved and knowledge of current methods of design and construction for pipelines and water treatment plants.
- Skilled in oral and written communication in Spanish and English
- Demonstrated skills in supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of industrial and regulatory standards and requirements for Chilean water treatment and water delivery systems.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to [email protected] or call +1-800-749-2372 for assistance. Determinations on request for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Juntos formando el mañana
Bechtel es una de las empresas de ingeniería, construcción y gestión de proyectos más respetadas a nivel mundial. Junto con nuestros clientes, entregamos proyectos emblemáticos que fomentan el progreso y el crecimiento económico a largo plazo. Desde 1898, hemos completado más de 25.000 proyectos extraordinarios en 160 países de los siete continentes. Operamos a través de cuatro unidades de negocios globales: Infraestructura; Nuclear, Seguridad y Medio Ambiente; Energía; y Minería y Metales. Nuestra empresa y nuestra cultura se basan en más de un siglo de liderazgo y una adherencia incesante a nuestros valores, cuyo núcleo son la seguridad, la calidad, la ética y la integridad. Estos valores son lo que creemos, lo que esperamos, lo que entregamos y lo que vivimos.
Bechtel es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados para su contratación sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad y expresión de género, edad, nacionalidad, discapacidad, estado de ciudadanía (según lo autorice la ley), estatus militar, información genética y cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley federal, estatal o local.
Postulantes en situación de discapacidad, que requieran de ajustes razonables para cualquier etapa del proceso de reclutamiento y contratación, pueden enviar su solicitud por correo electrónico a [email protected] para recibir apoyo. Determinaciones referentes a los requerimientos de ajustes razonables serán revisados caso a caso.