The Operations Trainee Team Leader will report into the Operations Supervisor.
• Supporting WRT teams on site to safely deliver Trust work.
• Ensuring a high level of Health & Safety standards are maintained.
• Maintaining Trust equipment, machinery and tools.
• Engaging with the public, volunteers, landowners and other stakeholders.
• Supporting with development junior members of staff and apprentices.
• Obtaining high quality monitoring and evidence for project reporting.
• Drafting and writing project reports.
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience of working outdoors in aquatic environments and remote locations.
• Maintaining arboricultural equipment such as chainsaws, brush cutters and other hand tools.
• Good understanding of industry Health and Safety standards and codes of practice.
• Previous experience of carrying out work with chainsaws and other hand tools and plant machinery.
• Experience of delivering tree planting, NFM and habitat management schemes. (D)
• Experience of using various software from the MS Office suite.
• A background in river restoration, fisheries, arboriculture/forestry, ecology or construction. (D)
Skills and Competencies
• Ability to plan and manage workload and work independently and/or as part of a team.
• Good communication skills.
• Able to use various online mapping software to check for TPO’s, statutory land uses and priority habitats and protected species.
• Some of our commercial clients may require you to undertake a medical exam including drug and alcohol tests from time to time prior to carrying out work on their sites.
• Minimum of Level 3 qualification or similar in relevant subject.
• Arboricultural qualifications:
o NPTC 201, 202, 203, 206, 306, 308
o NPTC 301, 302, 307, 309 (D)
• Qualification and experience of using plant machinery (D)
• Traffic management qualification. (D)
• Working to attain professional membership of industry organisation.
• B+E towing (D)
• LISS/CSCS card (D)
The above are Essential criteria unless indicated as Desirable (D
Submit your CV and a one page covering letter clearly marked as applying for the job of Operations Trainee Team Leader using the following link;
Submission by: 5pm on 17th August 2022
Interviews to take place on Thursday 1st September