The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is seeking a governance and institutional expert.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a postgraduate degree in urban planning, public policy, public administration or management, with 10 years of relevant experience. Projects will be on urban water supply, wastewater and fecal sludge management.
Knowledge and project experience in governance and institutional systems, and in designing and implementing
institutional/organizational development initiatives is required. Relevant experience in Institutional and governance Reviews (IGRs), public policy development and capacity development, and institutional strengthening state-of-the-art practice is desirable. Excellent client relationships, staff mentoring and management skills are essential. The person will work under the supervision of the Practice Leader for Applied Research and Knowledge Transfer.
The consultant will:
- undertake institutional mapping processes that assess the interest of, and the relationship between, the different institutions relevant for wastewater/fecal sludge management and resource recovery and reuse;
- review and assess the responsibilities, organizational setup, and internal administrative, management and reporting processes of institutions responsible for wastewater/fecal sludge management and resource recovery and reuse;
- identify the power of different institutions to deliver, fund or otherwise influence the successful uptake of
- wastewater/fecal sludge management and resource recovery and reuse;
- assess the capacity and performance of institutions to make decisions to address the complex challenges of wastewater/fecal sludge management and resource recovery and reuse, and for implementation of efficient and effective solutions;
- identify the steps required to transition institutions from their current state to a preferred future state for delivering effective wastewater/fecal sludge management and resource recovery and reuse;
- engage and galvanize relevant government agencies and key stake holders, and develop and introduce systems to facilitate inter- and intra-institution coordination among them;
- prepare recommendations and systems for governance and institutional arrangements to deliver effective and efficient wastewater/fecal sludge management and resource recovery and reuse.
Researchers with the following qualifications are invited to apply:
- Postgraduate degree in organizational development, urban planning, public policy, public administration or management.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in governance and institution al systems, and in designing and implementing institutional/organizational development initiatives or a related field.
- Strong research skills, writing, editing and verbal presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, coordination and organizational skills.
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, including previous experience and project assignment related to this consultancy, together with a cover letter and the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees.
Duration of the consultancy will be 2 years and the consultant will be based at IWMI’s office in New Delhi, India.
IWMI is an equal opportunity employer and emphasizes the importance of regional and gender diversity in identifying candidates for this position and its staff more generally.