Canada nationals: Groundwater Data Specialist
The Groundwater Data Specialist is the primary position that manages the processing of water well data, including supervising contractors and acting as the lead resource and QA/QC’ing processing work done by colleagues in the regional offices . As a critical thinker you will thrive in this position that establishes and administers regulations related to the registration of qualified well drillers and well pump installers. With an aptitude for attention to detail, you will also be responsible for web content and web-access to groundwater information to support sustainable groundwater development across the natural resource sector.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jennifer.A.Todd@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in earth science, physical geography, water resource management or related field and 1 year of directly related experience. An equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience dealing with external stakeholders (e.g., well drillers, well pump installers and consultants) within a regulatory framework;
- Experience in developing regulation and operational policies;
- Experience in developing and managing web content;
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with (developing/applying/monitoring) data processing and QA/QC procedures, especially in relation to water well data;
- Experience in analysing and interpreting groundwater data.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Please select "SKIP" on the cover letter screen to continue with your application.
Resume required: YES - Prior to submitting your application for this opportunity, update your resume profile by using the copy and paste function to add your resume. Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and experience including the job related responsibilities and the month(s) and year(s) for your education and for each job in your employment history.