EkoLakay Chief Operating Officer (COO)
This is a 1-2 year assignment with the objectives of setting the business on course and building the capacity of the team to ensure continued growth beyond the contract period. Reporting to SOIL’s Deputy Director, this position will work directly with SOIL’s Cap-Haitien EkoLakay Director and Regional Director to ensure that EkoLakay:
- Meets or exceeds the EkoLakay service’s 2019-2020 performance targets (these are both financial and service quality related),
- Develops the structure and organizational capability to sustainably expand the service to 8,000 clients over the next 5 years.
EkoLakay Performance targets for 2019/20
- Expand to at least 1,170 clients by January 2020 and 2,000+ December 31st 2020
- Minimum 11% direct cost reduction by January 2020
- Reduce churn to a maximum of 1.5%
- Update and execute the Cap EkoLakay operational strategy to ensure quarterly performance objectives are achieved.
- Lead the team so that personal performance and development goals for each member are established and met and in the process they receive, at a minimum:
- Regular performance reviews based on position-specific action plans and KPIs
- Position-specific capacity development for current and future needs of EkoLakay
- Develop a results based culture and HR system that embraces change, quality assurance, and safety (SSP)
- Ensure that all standards, protocols, procedures, and work instructions are met , and modify/create new protocols as needed to ensure a safe and efficient workplace.
- Develop and execute a plan for training the Regional Director and EkoLakay Director to manage a growing business.
- Masters in Business Administration or similar degree relevant to organizational development
Skills and Expertise
- Excellent team leader that can both challenge and encourage a team during a period of significant change
- Strong communication skills that can reach and motivate a diverse team with minimal business acumen
- Capacity for high level financial analysis (P+L, cash flow, balance sheets, etc.)
- Strong planning and information analysis leading to evidence-based decision making
- Ability to coordinate and follow activities and priorities across all aspects of a business
- Strong mentoring/training skills and ability to teach others the basics of social business management, leadership, financial analysis, etc.
- Fluency in French and/or Haitian Creole
- At least 5 years proven operations leadership success (ideally in Haiti) in a growth led logistics or services business, including:
- Full P&L responsibility
- Consistently meeting objectives within preplanned timelines
- Developing and executing operational plans to achieve strategic goals
- Improving financial management capacity
- Leading, or overseeing, strategic change
- Producing board level reports
How to Apply
- Please submit a cover letter, CV, and 3 references to SOIL by email at no later than June 7, 2019.