Consultant(s)/Principal Consultant (Water markets)
We are seeking to increase the breadth and depth of our team due to growth in demand of our services and are looking for Consultants, Senior Consultants and/or Principal Consultants with work experience ranging from 3 years and up. This is a great opportunity to work with Australia’s leading independent water market advisory team and be a part of an open, respectful and high-performing culture.
This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis.
About our water markets team
Aither’s water markets team is recognised nationally and internationally as market leaders in providing independent, high quality, commercial advice on Australia’s water markets. Since Aither was established in 2012, we have advised private investors and government authorities and produced authoritative public reports such as our annual water markets report (2018 Water Markets Report).
We have a reputation for understanding not only commercial and transaction drivers but also the political and policy landscape. We advise a range of market participants nationally and internationally and have experienced significant growth in our work and client base in recent years as Australia’s water markets have matured.
About the role
There is potential for Aither to hire an experienced principal consultant to play a leading role in the water markets advisory business as well as someone with less professional experience. We are willing to invest in training the right candidates who can help grow our business in the long term.
As a member of our Water Markets team, your role will include a mix of:
- Managing a range of projects with water market clients (water funds, corporate agribusinesses, banks and other market participants, including governments)
- Undertaking detailed quantitative and qualitative water market analysis and preparing written commercial advice and recommendations to private and public sector clients
- Managing client relationships with existing clients and exploring business development opportunities
- Working in a small, motivated and water markets team to meet client needs and deadlines
- Bringing initiative and creativity in applying these skills
You will have at least three years’ experience working in one or more of the following areas, which are listed in no particular order:
- Water markets
- Economics / management consulting
- Financial advisory, valuations or investment/portfolio management
- Applied quantitative economic skills to inform policy issues in our key areas of work
You would have completed University-level training in one of the following areas:
- Economics, commerce, finance or law
- Statistics or similar quantitative-based degree
- Agri-business or natural resource management
Applications that demonstrate the following will be highly regarded:
- A combination of experience and skills in a number of the areas listed above
- Experience in consulting
As we would welcome applications from early career (>3 years’ experience) to more senior candidates, we will negotiate an attractive package that is commensurate with your skills and experience.
Aither’s vision is to inspire and enable positive change in the management of water and natural resources. To achieve this, we have built a team of leading economic, public policy and strategic advisors that provide advice on water policy, markets, infrastructure and natural hazards.
Our employees get the opportunity to help shape a growing business, working alongside some of Australia’s leading water and environmental economists on a diverse range of problems. Aither offers a high-performance, flexible, team-oriented work environment where staff are committed to treating one another with respect and courtesy.
As a certified B-Corporation, we take pride in continually challenging ourselves to discover new ways of improving our interactions with the community, the environment, our employees and our clients. Aither is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer, and we are actively seeking to increase our workplace diversity.
To work with some of Australia’s leading water market practitioners in a flexible and collegiate working environment, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure your cover letter articulates:
- Why you are interested in this role
- How your qualifications, professional skills and personal attributes can contribute to the success of Aither
- How working with us could foster your career
Applications must be submitted to email@example.com by 5pm 28 May 2019.