Duration : 6 months
Start date : ASAP
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
·Coordination of the implementation of WASH Emergency interventions focused on providing humanitarian assistance to Crisis affected Syrian IDPs families and hosting population in crisis affected governorates of Syria
- To strengthen and develop ACF WASH component in Syria at managerial, operational and strategic level, including significant participation in identification of possible additional interventions.
- To ensure compliance with SPHERE standards, ACF WASH technical policy and good practice.
- To train the WASH national team on the notions of project cycle management and WASH interventions to guarantee the correct planning and implementation of the project as well as future projects.
- To participate in the design of ACF WASH strategy in the country together with Mission Management Team, logistic and administrator.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Project Cycle Management
- Supervision of the implementation of emergency water supply, water treatment at household and community level, hygiene kit distribution and possible sanitation activities, according to the ACF WASH Policy
- Plan activities with national partners, international donors and other agencies
- Evaluate and update project needs
- Implementation of monitoring system based on the context
Objective 2: Representation and Coordination
- Ensure and maintain the working relationship with national partners, international donors and other agencies.
- Holding regular meetings with WASH team and mission management team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key WASH stakeholders at a technical level, including donors, government authorities, under the supervision and in collaboration with EPM and CD
- Provide data and policy inputs for any reporting in the WASH sector, acting in coordination with CD, WASH staff
- Participate at technical level in negotiations with external actors
Objective 3: HR management and Training (in coordination with mission management and Log/Admin)
- Participate together to recruitment of the mission WASH national staff
- Participation in the design of job adverts and job descriptions of his/her team
- Direct management, supervision and evaluation of WASH team
- Responsible for the identification of WASH team training needs and contribution to the mission training plan
- Coordinate and follow up activity planning and performance review for all WASH team members
- Lead and follow up weekly planning (written and meetings) of WASH team
- Participate in the promotion of a correct and efficient information flow between WASH team members and other members of the ACF Syria mission
- Promote ACF mandate, strategy, procedures and internal regulations within the WASH teams
- Organize and animate regular general meetings for WASH team members
- Build capacity among WASH team members through internal and external training
Objective 4: Reporting and Capitalisation
- Reporting monthly activities and preparing internal (APR) and donor regular reports on the on-going project, intermediate and final reports development.
- To prepare concept paper and proposals according to the other project ideas and financial opportunities in collaboration with Grant writer
- Capitalize all the project experiences and lessons learnt
Objective 5: Program development and strategy planning (in coordination With CD and administration)
- Assess the pertinence and feasibility of other interventions in the area, following mission strategy in coordination with the Mission Management team and in discussions with various stakeholders in the humanitarian sphere and other relevant actors.
- Significant participation in project proposal drafting and reporting to donors;
- Participate in the overall mission strategy paper, in coordination with the rest of the team and develop and update the WASH strategy.
Objective 6: Admin/Finance/Log
- Ensure the supervision and control of expenses (procurement planning).Coordinate the budget forecast and follow up. Participate in the design of new budgets
- Ensure the application of the log/kit forms and procedures pertaining to the supply chain, procurement, transport/movement,
Objective 7: Security Management
- Liaise with the Country Director and the security focal point to ensure that security measures are adhered to by all WASH staff.
- In coordination with logistics, keeps in mind the security constraints of the area of operations for the design and implementation of programs.
- Informs logistics of any security problem encountered in the implementation of WASH activities or noncompliance with the security plan.
- Participates in the updates of security plans and adheres to the adopted measures.
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan and protocols.
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
- Degree and/or Master Degree in water Engineering, Public Health, and International development.
- Solid project cycle management knowledge and proved experience in proposal writing and strategic planning, technical knowledge in implementing WASH emergency intervention, good experience in reporting.
- Knowledge of the Middle East context desirable
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field as coordinator or similar (at least 3 years) and preferably with ACF and in Middle East.
- Good experience in working with local/national partners, Ministries, experience in implementing WASH emergency interventions and capacity building for partners;
- English (compulsory working language, fluent spoken, read and written); Arabic (preferable but not required).
- Windows domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel, Sphinx (desirable)
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 6 months with high probability of extension.
- Base: Damascus/Beirut
- Salary: from 1700€ to 2200€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of ACF- Spain). ACF- Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- ACF- Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by ACF-E)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of ACF-Spain).