About RI: Relief International (RI) is a leading global organization and home to teams of humanitarian professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
Position Summary: The Program Manager (PM) will be responsible for overall project management of the UNICEF funded project and for ensuring that project objectives are on track, which will require him/her to work constructively with colleagues across his/her country team, within the Middle East Region and with the Global Emergency Response Team. The PM will provide technical direction to project staff and partners in the areas of WASH, according to the projects’ activities, and provide recommendation for improvements in RI’s WASH service delivery. The capacity building and monitoring of local partners will be an integrated component of the PM’s work. In addition, the PM will, on an on-going basis, assess current humanitarian needs and assist in program development to secure funding for new projects from a range of donors. This position requires an individual who is accustomed to the pace of emergency response programming, does not require close supervision or direction, is flexible and highly responsive, and who maintains a sense of humor in the face of many challenges.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Strategic direction and overall supervision and successful implementation of the project(s)
- Development of work plans and budget management according to project outputs and results
- Manage teams of expatriate and/or national staff to complete program goals on time and on budget
- Evaluate activity progress and determine necessary actions to course correct
- Lead the process and provide program reports that are timely and meet institutional and donor requirements. The PM is ultimately responsible for all relevant donor reporting for the projects.
- Represent RI at relevant UN Cluster and working groups and other stakeholder or coordination meetings, as needed, and maintain a positive, continuous and visible presence for RI
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with local partners, local authorities and vendors
- Facilitate donor visits to project sites as appropriate
- Work constructively with support teams to ensure sound administrative practices with regards to record keeping, compliance with donor regulations, communications, etc.
- Frequent travel to other cities to attend project sites and provide support to team as needed
- Assess humanitarian needs of populations affected by the Syria conflict
- Stay up to date with all regional and country-specific response plans by the U.N., donors active in the relevant clusters, and other key actors
- Provide technical input, writing and budgetary input for new program design. Writing of proposals is an essential requirement of this position.
- Interface with key donors (OFDA, ECHO, PRM, UNHCR, DFID) regarding WASH, health, nutrition and other related programs
- Share methods, approaches and tools with RI colleagues across the region, and contribute toward RI’s regional response strategy by ensuring programmatic coherence, innovation and responsiveness
Qualifications & requirements:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
· Master’s degree or equivalent years of experience in development studies, social sciences or related field;
· Minimum of five years professional experience leading, managing, and implementing emergency response programs, preferably in a conflict setting;
· Demonstrated background and knowledge of ECHO, UNICEF, UNHCR and/or USAID Rules and Regulations;
· Demonstrated experience in management of health, WASH, FSL, education, cash or other relevant sectors highly desirable;
· Demonstrated background and contacts with U.N. agencies and other international emergency response and development actors;
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
· Fluent English required and Arabic or Turkish language skills preferred;
· Strong English writing skills required;
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently;
· Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail;
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
- We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- We value:
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation