The position is based in Burlington, Vermont, or Arlington, Virginia, and reports to the Vice President of Operations.
* Provide leadership, vision and management for Tetra Tech ARD’s new business development activities in the WRI sector, including enhancing and expanding our core service areas, diversifying the client base, and cross-selling Tetra Tech services;
* Grow sector contract backlog and maximize sector revenue contribution to the firm’s Annual Operation Plan (AOP);
* Supervise overall contract performance, contract oversight, sound business practices, and technical integrity of sector projects, and provide strategic guidance to project management teams on issues of client or corporate regulations, policies, and procedures;
* Maintain technical and strategic leadership in the WRI sector;
* Represent the WRI sector to clients, partners, and other Tetra Tech business units;
* Manage, supervise, and guide WRI sector staff, and support their professional development;
* Maintain outstanding reputation with our clients and partners;
* Collaborate with other Tetra Tech units to grow Tetra Tech’s international development business; and
* Promote technical thought leadership activities within the WRI sector.
* Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., civil engineering, water resources management, resource economics) required;
* Minimum of twelve (12) years of professional experience, including at least three (3) years of work experience overseas (residential or intermittent) with strong client, supervisor, and peer recommendations;
* At least seven (7) years of strong experience leading and managing people and teams in a matrix organization, with a record reflecting ability to effectively delegate, communicate with, and motivate staff;
* Demonstrated track record of technical excellence and ability to grow a portfolio of WRI-related business;
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure and perform numerous tasks simultaneously;
* Superior intercultural skills interacting with beneficiaries, clients, and partners in the development arena;
* Strong network of contacts relevant to WASH, water resources management, water governance and/or utility management within the international development community;
* Functional competence in at least one major foreign language strongly preferred (especially French or Spanish);
* Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
* Position requires international travel (30-40%), including to conflict and post-conflict countries;
* Must be comfortable working on concurrent projects and activities with poise and professionalism; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of the online process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including contact information
* A writing sample of which the applicant is the sole author, no more than 10 pages
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.