Environmental Policy Program Manager
The Renewable Natural Resources Foundation (RNRF) seeks a Program Associate or Manager to work with its staff and volunteer committees to develop and implement public policy programs in environmental science, design and management. The position is an exciting opportunity for a resourceful person who wishes to work on current national and international issues.
The Program Associate or Manager serves as one of three principal staff professionals for developing, planning, and implementing approved programs.
RNRF programs are:
• An annual, national, multidisciplinary conference in Washington, DC. Program development, speaker identification and site selection are part of the process. A report of the conference is prepared by staff and widely distributed. The 2019 Congress will be Preparing for Climate Change: National Priorities and Strategic Choices
• Periodic meetings with DC-based public policy leaders with Congress, federal agencies, the private sector, and domestic and international NGOs. RNRF Washington Round Table topics for 2019 include: implementing toxic substances regulatory reform; open access publication policies, developing guidelines for deep seabed mineral mining; land-use lessons from Hurricane Florence.
• Annual spring and fall meetings in DC-area on topics selected by board of directors.
• Annual national awards program for individuals, projects and publications.
• Periodic Renewable Resources Journal that includes articles, news and announcements. As member of editorial team, publication work includes article selection, writing, editing and production.
• Website and Blog management
• New programs development
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree. An advanced degree (M.S., M.A. or J.D.) can be a plus. Education/experience in natural resources, environmental science, land-use planning and design, water management, climate science, and/or public policy, etc. sought. Excellent communication skills are a must.
Reports to executive director and works out of the foundation’s offices in North Bethesda, Maryland (Metro’s Red-Line White Flint Station). Salary range: $50,000 - $60,000 – depending upon education and experience. Benefits include personal leave (medical and time off), health insurance, and immediately-vesting retirement benefits program (through TIAA).
To apply, send cover letter and résumé, in confidence, to: Executive Director, Renewable Natural Resources Foundation, 6010 Executive Blvd,
Suite 700, North Bethesda, MD 20852, OR by email to . No telephone calls please.