The position is based in Burlington, Vermont, or Arlington, Virginia.
* Backstop all aspects of WRI project(s), including start up through close out: coordination with headquarters staff on logistics, procurement, budgets, and travel; project budget development and management; recruiting and onboarding technical consultants/personnel; collaborating with local staff to build capacity; and monitoring work plan and deliverables to ensure contract compliance;
* Contribute to marketing activities and new business development, including conducting scoping trips, identifying new partners and/or clients, and innovative approaches to development challenges;
* Assist in all aspects of proposal preparation: technical approach, staff identification, work plan, partner liaising, and budget development, among others;
* Provide technical assistance either for short-term international assignments or in a home office advisory capacity; and
* Assist Sector Director in general market analysis for the sector, among other tasks, as directed.
* Minimum of Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree strongly preferred) in a sector-specific technical discipline;
* At least 3 years of relevant professional experience, preferably with at least two years of overseas experience in developing countries, with strong client, supervisor and peer recommendations;
* Familiarity with USAID FORWARD and emerging trends in water resources and infrastructure and WASH development;
* Experience with budget development, review, and monitoring;
* High levels of professionalism and collegiality across cultures, hierarchies, and roles;
* Demonstrated detail orientation and exceptionally high levels of organization;
* Strong written communications skills and high level of attention to detail to written product required;
* Capacity to synthesize high volumes of information into key messages and to various audiences;
* Strong proficiency in Spanish or French highly preferred;
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure on concurrent projects with poise;
* MS Office suite proficiency and familiarity with databases; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of the online process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including contact information
* A writing sample of which the applicant is the sole author, no more than 10 pages
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.