Energy and Water Resource Management, Sustainability and Resilience Services Support Lead
Overview / Job Responsibilities:
The Energy and Water Resource Management, Sustainability and Resilience Services Support Lead assist CBP in meeting its goals and objectives while adhering to local and national policies and regulations. Support shall include providing subject matter experts and analysts to assist CBP with collecting and analyzing energy and sustainability data, completing technical reviews, updating existing energy and sustainability documents and drafting reports. The candidate shall facilitate and support meetings and forums, program/project reviews and provide subject matter expertise. The candidate will oversee the following activities:
- High Performance Sustainable Buildings (HPSBs)
- Assist with the development, management and execution of programs, projects and initiatives in accordance with the Sustainability Steering Committee (SSC) 2016 Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings and associated guidance for facilities.
- Submit HPSB Plan addendum to the Operational Sustainability Performance Plan (OSPP).
- Water Resource Management
- Assist with the oversight of the efforts to manage water resources, which may include conducting studies, site surveys, evaluating needs, estimating costs, and recommending alternate solutions to develop the most economical solution.
- Develop and submit a draft water asset management plan, with the goal of developing strategies that reduce overall potable consumption within CBP in accordance with DHS and CBP policy, guidance, and goals to comply with legal and executive branch directives.
- Provide subject matter expertise to assist with planning, developing and executing CBP’s organizational Plan for Resilience.
- Submit executive level talking points and presentations of CBP’s Plan for Resilience and execution strategy.
- Submit a CBP Plan for Resilience.
- Submit an OSPP.
- Assist in monitoring, reporting and assessing the 10 areas of the OSPP to include electronic stewardship, sustainable acquisition, recycling and solid waste, construction and debris waste, and energy audit SOPs.
- Assist in the review and administration of the SSC to include commenting on revisions to the SSC Charter, minutes, and agenda.
- Assist CBP in the implementation/incorporation of energy and sustainability projects and initiatives resulting from the Operational Sustainability Performance Plan, DHS Scorecard (thinking LE2 waiver), DHS Program Management Review (PMR), SSC, standard operating procedures, and guidance and regulations.
- Greenhouse Gas
- Submit a greenhouse gas-reporting package using CBP-developed source data including the Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP)-designated submission documents and workbooks covering the applicable fiscal year.
- Assist in producing, staffing and presenting GHG issues to include the LE2 Waiver and other data documents to support current and future CBP positions on GHG.
- Analyze utility usage and other building data for development of CBP Energy Star Portfolio Manager for Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA) covered facilities list, benchmarking of facilities, quarterly DHS Scorecards, and data submittals required for DHS CAPSIS and related systems.
- 8 years of experience developing and implementing programs to manage and conserve energy for a federal agency with multiple facilities and mobile assets nation-wide.
- 8 years of experience evaluating and developing metrics to track energy and water use, audit programs for facilities’ energy and water use, and tools to efficiently extract, manipulate, normalize and report on energy use.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
- Certified Energy Manager Certification.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing GHG emissions reports for federal agencies is required.
- Experience with US Department of Energy (DOE) Portfolio Manager and TRIRIGA system.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to management at federal agencies.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft suite of applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project as well as with Adobe Acrobat.
- Masters degree
- Active adjudicated CBP Background Investigation