The Propeller Incubator facility on Washington Avenue in New Orleans is seeking an Incubator Manager. The job is equal parts business development, member relations, facilities and financial management. This is a highly visible position in the Propeller community, and we are seeking a capable and motivated person who can represent our values internally and externally.
The Incubator Manager ensures the Incubator space is a professional, clean, well-designed, and friendly collaborative environment with high member satisfaction. The Manager is responsible for maintaining the Incubator at full occupancy, selling the Incubator as an event space, and controlling expenses. The Incubator Manager works under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer and coordinates with bookkeeping, legal and other resources to deliver a high quality co-working and event space for our Members.
Start Date: Immediate
- Recruits and retains members and event bookings. The Manager is expected to achieve 100% occupancy while cultivating a waiting list of potential members.
- Gives tours of facility to potential members and visitors for both sales and public relations purposes.
- Bonuses are largely contingent on meeting lease-up and profit targets.
- Presents a friendly and welcoming demeanor to visitors and members.
- Ensures that members receive the services appropriate to a professional working space.
- Provides a high level of customer service and responds promptly to member requests. Resolves conflicts in a firm yet courteous way.
- Manages member intake ensuring members are educated on building amenities, resources and responsibilities.
- Communicates with members about Incubator affairs and individual needs.
- Ensures the front desk is staffed during normal working hours (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday).
- Stays abreast of community and neighboring events and issues.
- Maintains the Incubator facility as a clean, aesthetic, and professional space. This extends to the kitchen, bathrooms, photocopying rooms, and shared spaces. The Incubator Manager manages volunteer hosts and a part-time facilities coordinator to these ends.
- Manages janitorial services, handymen, contractors, laundry, painters, pest control, landscaping, and other facilities vendors.
- Ensures internet service, general IT, photocopying machines, and electrical appliances are fully functional.
- Processes financial transactions in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Work with bookkeeping to support the accuracy of monthly reconciliation/close process.
- Ensure the Incubator complies with all legal and financial requirements.
- In coordination with the Chief Operating Officer, prepare for quarterly board meetings, including scheduling, agendas, financial reports, and facilities updates.
To achieve these goals, the Incubator Manager needs to have a passion for customer service, to be organized, efficient and detail-oriented, as well as calm under pressure. In the Propeller environment, we expect everyone to work with a high level of integrity, to live up to their commitments and to carry their weight. This is a full-time job and may at times require evenings and weekends for facility emergencies and events.
The ideal person will already have some experience with QuickBooks, a bachelor’s degree and access to a car. We strive to be highly effective in serving all aspects of the New Orleans community. To do so requires expertise and deep knowledge.
Preference will be given to candidates with 4+ years of professional experience in property management, event planning and/or real estate sales and development.
_Propeller is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minority individuals are encouraged to submit applications. _
Please answer the following questions in a separate document:
- Why are you passionate about customer service, administration, logistics, details, procedures, facilities management, bookkeeping, and social entrepreneurship?
- What do you think will be your greatest strength in this role? In what way do you think you will need to grow the most to be successful in this role?
- What do you find gives you the most energy in your current work? What drains your energy the most in your current work?
Email your answer document, resumé, and cover letter to [email protected] In your cover letter, please explain how you heard about Propeller and your interest and qualifications in the position. Please write the job title and your name in the subject line of the email.