Senior Sustainability and Resilience Consultant
- Has a solid foundation of understanding or analysis of client business practices and goals; develops and formulates solutions to client problems on assigned projects.
- Under general direction, responsible for the creation of work plans and task definitions.
- Has broad technical knowledge but possesses an area of specialization or focus.
The successful applicant will support the growth of AECOM’s Sustainable and Resilient Cities team. You will focus on developing resilience and climate adaptation strategies for cities and large urban masterplans. The successful candidate will be expected to liaise with our existing network of clients including EBRD, the UNDRR and C40 as well as generate new leads focusing on building resilience to various urban shocks and stresses. With a good understanding of all urban challenges and specifically from climate change, you will help our clients plan understand how they might be impacted and plan forward looking strategies, develop policies and create and monitor action plans for the delivery of interventions across the built environment and infrastructure.
- Post graduate professional experience in an urban resilience /climate adaptation planning role or similar
- In strategic planning for urban climate adaptation
- Understanding of the UK and international urban planning and masterplanning processes
- Preferable experience of using climate change projections and impact models such as UKCP09
- Preferable experience with climate mitigation/emissions reduction
- Preferable experience managing small to medium projects with high levels of autonomy
- Developing project proposals
- Excellent writing ability
- Strong verbal communication and confident presenting to clients
- Strategic thinker
- Strong quantitative/data analytics
- Willingness to travel
- Preferable proficiency in GIS tools such as ArcGIS
- Bachelor and higher qualification in at least one of Urban Sustainability, Environmental, Climate Change or other urban planning fields.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity,The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.