Intern (International Policy)
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The intern will work with the International Policy team, which is responsible for leading Conservation International's (CI's) efforts to inform global policy frameworks such as the Paris Agreement, the Convention on Biological Diversity and the Sustainable Development Goals. The team is also responsible for providing advice and technical support to CI country programs in using policies to achieve their on the ground objectives. The intern will support this team with general policy-related research, logistical and planning support for various upcoming events and two targeted projects described below.
This is a paid internship.
- Conduct research and compile evidence on proven policy approaches for advancing conservation and sustainable development in multiple settings. Final product will be a “menu” of options for use by CI field programs working on CI’s Sustainable Landscapes and Seascapes. Some work has already been conducted for intern to build on.
- Develop materials to guide future country-country policy exchanges, drawing on materials from past exchanges and inputs from CI staff involved in exchange program.
- Provide logistical support and planning for various international negotiations, workshops and exchanges.
- Other policy-related research, writing and editing as needed.
- Professional office setting
- Work with a remote team
- Strong capacity for gathering targeted information from peer-reviewed literature and distilling it to essential elements for use and application by non-experts
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Academic background in international policy or environmental policy
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time and deliver on deadline