Executive Coordinator: Global Policy and Government Relations
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Executive Coordinator will provide direct administrative support to the Senior Vice President of Global Policy and Government Affairs. The position will also support the International Policy team and the Distinguished Fellows program at CI. The position will provide administrative support such as calendar and meeting schedules, travel arrangements, correspondence, event support, travel and expense reports & reimbursements, among others. This position will require a broad and comprehensive knowledge of CI’s policies, standard operating procedures and values. Must have the ability to make independent judgments related to administrative matters and have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management both inside and outside of CI. Position requires administrative and organizational skills, an ability to multi-task, good relationship building skills and an ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the highest degree of professionalism.
Administrative Support to Senior Vice President:
Senior Vice President support:
- Schedule meetings
- Make travel arrangements
- Prepare expense reports
- Complete timesheets
- Manage incoming/outgoing mail
- Organize Division-wide meetings/events
- Work with IT (e.g., tickets) & Procurement (e.g., new laptops or phones) requests and management
- Manage Human Resources forms (e.g., change in status) and processes (e.g., performance)
- Division-wide knowledge management (e.g., Divisional deliverables & Annual Planning)
- Office space management
- Represent division on Operations Support Team
Travel support to Distinguished Fellows:
- Hotel arrangements, travel scheduling, visa support and expense reports for Distinguished Fellows during their travel on behalf of CI.
Administrative support for priority international policy events:
For UN negotiations:
- Hotel arrangements, travel scheduling and visa support for CI delegation. Create logistics guide, schedule of CI events for public and internal use, support side event and booth organization (creating invitations, planning catering, etc.).
- Help research, proof and assemble other materials (e.g., presentations, briefing books, communication materials) for delegation as needed.
- Serve as CI’s administrative UN Focal Point (receive notices of registration for upcoming negotiations and register CI staff to participate in these negotiations).
- For Policy Exchanges: Visa support, hotel and transport arrangements if exchange includes a stop-over in Crystal City, per diem or travel grant arrangements and liaising with CI offices in originating country and is host country as needed to ensure successful exchanges
- Based in Seattle with frequent virtual work with remote team members and other parts of CI.
- Normal working hours with occasional off-hours work to accommodate colleagues in other time zones.
- Possible opportunity to travel when skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of professional executive assistance to senior level personnel
- Good organization and prioritization skills, attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and ability to work proactively and independently
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively as a member of a team. Ability to support group meetings in person and remotely.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals from a variety of disciplines, cultures and backgrounds. Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in situations of flux; ability to work in a fast turn-around environment
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
- Superior professionalism and discretion
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish