SRK Consulting is an independent, international consulting practice, providing globally integrated consulting services to the international mining and metals sector.
We are seeking a Senior Hydrotechnical / Water Resources Engineer.
The successful applicant can choose to work in our Vancouver, Saskatoon, Sudbury, Montreal or Toronto offices. As a senior level water resources engineer you will be expected to develop your own practice and support existing engineering projects within SRK. We work primarily on domestic and international mine water management projects. The Water team is part of SRK`s Geoenvironmental practice and there are many opportunities to work on interdisciplinary projects with geotechnical engineers, hydrogeologists and geochemists.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
– Developing hydrologic design criteria (e.g. peak flows and volume for various frequencies of rainfall and snowmelt events) for hydraulic structures.
– Hydraulic analysis and design: channels and ditches; ponds for sedimentation, water supply or holding contact water; spillways; sizing pipes and pumps; dam break analysis; advection-dispersion modeling (e.g. CORMIX and/or EPA Plumes).
– Preparing site water balances.
– Developing mine water management plans.
– Preparing technical reports and presentations.
– A degree in civil engineering or environmental engineering.
– 8+ years of relevant experience at mining operations and/or previous consulting.
– Strong analytical and computer skills.
– Familiarity with AutoCAD, ARCGIS, Advanced Excel, HEC RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM, WMS, Goldsim, R, or CORMIX.
– Professional registration or eligibility to obtain it.
– Effective written and oral communication skills.
This position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects both nationally and overseas; international travel may form a significant part of the role.
In return for considering a future with us, we offer:
- An attractive compensation package.
- Diversity of projects and clients within a non-hierarchical consultancy environment.
- Opportunity to purchase shares in the company; the SRK Group is an independent group, owned by its employees.
Applicants should respond by submitting their CV online by clicking the button below. The candidates under consideration will be contacted directly, no phone calls please.