Intermediate Mine Water Management Engineer
SRK Consulting is an independent, international consulting practice, providing globally integrated consulting services to the international mining and metals sector.
We are seeking a Intermediate Mine Water Management Engineer.
Description of Responsibilities:
Applicants should have interest and experience in water treatment, water quality modeling or evaluations, water chemistry, and water quality standards and regulations for the mining sector. The Water team is part of SRK`s Geoenvironmental practice and there are many opportunities to work on interdisciplinary projects with geotechnical engineers, hydrogeologists and geochemists. The successful applicant can choose to work in our Vancouver, Saskatoon, Sudbury, Montreal or Toronto offices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in field data collection programs
- Reviewing and interpreting water quality and water treatment system operating data
- Preparing water balance models for domestic and international mining sector projects
- Developing water management plans, from conceptual design to detailed engineering
- Supporting the evaluation, design, and implementation of water treatment systems for mining effluents: establishing process design basis and design criteria; developing PFDs, P&IDs; process modeling and mass and energy balances; preparing equipment specifications; operational and capital cost estimating; assisting in commissioning, optimization, and troubleshooting of water treatment systems
- Preparing technical reports and presentations
- Bachelor`s degree in Engineering
- 2 to 7 years of related work experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience working at an operating mine is preferred but not required
This position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects and may include international travel.
In return for considering a future with us, we offer:
- An attractive compensation package.
- Diversity of projects and clients within a non-hierarchical consultancy environment.
- Opportunity to purchase shares in the company; the SRK Group is an independent group, owned by its employees.
Applicants should respond by submitting their CV online by clicking the button below. The candidates under consideration will be contacted directly, no phone calls please.