Senior Water and Climate Finance Advisor
You will be part of the Department Water Resources and Delta management, and more specifically of our Finance and Institutional Analysis team. As part of these team, projects may be in any country around the World, depending on the team’s expansion strategy, your own network and sector specialization.
What can you expect as a Senior Water and Climate Finance Advisor?
In your role as a Senior Water and Climate Finance Advisor you will be responsible for engaging with investors and work with them to go beyond technical feasibility of water and climate adaptation projects towards financial and commercial viability. You will lead complex projects, and develop and acquire new initiatives. Thinking strategical about the role of technical, finance and governance innovations for reaching integrated water management objectives, climate resilience and Sustainable Development Goals is necessary to do. With your excellent conceptual, analytical and implementation skills, you will design agreements between public and private organizations for the delivery of public (water and adaptation) infrastructure services and mainstreaming of innovative water and climate solutions.
Therefore, you must be flexible, team oriented and able to facilitate effective work within multidisciplinary teams. You ensure that the delivery of our results is of high quality for our partners and customers from around the world. Also, you are able to undertake high quality analytical innovations to strengthen the implementation of water security master plans. This requires close cooperation between different type of organizations to address complex socio-technical issues.
The position entails diverse, fast-paced work that changes from project to project. In this position you will look for opportunities to unlock public and private finances and alliances to solve the world most pressing water and climate challenges.
What does Deltares expect from you as a Senior Water and Climate Finance Advisor?
- A third level education degree (master’s degree or equivalent) is required in the fields of Finance, Economics, Business Administration (MBA), Infrastructure or related areas;
- Formal education in the management of infrastructure projects, asset management, institutional economics and/or financial modeling applied to infrastructure, project finance, portfolio management, accounting or in PPPs is an advantage;
- More than five years of experience in in planning, development, financing or implementation of large investments in the public-private domain;
- Proven record designing and implementing methodologies to bring together different expertise and stakes for dealing with socio-technical problem-solving;
- Relevant international networks as well as the ability to develop winning research and consultancy proposals, based on excellent writing skills and relevant networks in the public, private and financial sectors;
- Understanding of public procurement strategies, as well as blended financing strategies that enable co-financing from the private sector in developed as well as low or middle-income countries;
- Fluent in English and basic Dutch language knowledge. Spanish or French are an asset;
- Be able to travel to foreign countries.
Do you have what it takes to fulfill this opportunity? Apply directly by uploading your CV and motivation letter here, before 31 May 2019.
For more information, please contact Harm Duel, of Debbie Duimel, HR Recruitment Officer ( /088-3358438).
We are looking for a passionate and committed employer who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.