Technical Officer, Reporting (Climate change, Forests, Water security) (Two positions)
6-month fixed term contracts (potential to extend depending on funding)
Two full-time roles based in the CDP London office, reporting to the Technical Managers in the Reporting team
Job Purpose and background
CDP is offering exciting opportunities to two individuals wanting to launch their career in environmental sustainability. These roles are to support technical work in the Reporting team, spanning across climate change, forests and water security themes. The successful candidates will be able to develop a comprehensive understanding of corporate environmental reporting and emerging practices.
The roles’ main focus will be to support CDP’s reporting workstreams, while also providing support to colleagues working on questionnaire and guidance development.
About the Reporting team:
The Reporting team provides a critical contribution to CDP’s mission. We develop CDP’s world leading questionnaires and guidance for organizations reporting environmental information to investors, customers and other data-users. We balance completeness, transparency and high quality of data requested by data-users with the practicality and resources required by companies to collect and report on this data within their own operations and throughout their value chains. This ensures that the questionnaires drive companies’ actions beyond business as usual, catalysing change.
To support the Reporting team working on forests, water security and climate change themes, in a diverse range of tasks related to delivery of questionnaires and guidance materials. This will include:
- Drafting and proofreading content for technical documents;
- Analysing response data in Excel to inform the questionnaire revisions and new development;
- Inputting, checking and testing the questionnaires and guidance;
- Responding to internal technical queries on the questionnaires and guidance;
- Preparing and delivering internal and external communications materials.
The precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time and you may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet CDP’s operational needs.
Required skills and experience:
- Academic and/or professional understanding of corporate environmental responsibility and the nature of sustainable economies;
- Strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills, with an ability to work effectively under pressure, whilst still paying attention to detail;
- An ability to process complex data, and demonstrable IT experience, including a confident proficiency in Excel;
- Strong communication skills, including an excellent standard of written English;
- The ability to present complex information in a simple and concise way;
- Flexible working style with a proven record of working within a team to deliver projects
These are full-time roles based at CDP’s London office reporting to Technical Managers for Climate change and Forests.
Salary and benefits: £23,000 - £26,000 per annum dependent on experience.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK. We’re not be able to sponsor this position.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities (no more than two pages), to email@example.com with ‘Technical Officer, Reporting (Climate change, Forests, Water security), First name, Last name’ in the subject.
The deadline is 9am (BST) Tuesday 28th May 2019
Due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.