Australia nationals: MDBA Graduate Program
The Murray-Darling Basin Authority offers exciting work opportunities at the forefront the Australian Government’s water reform. The MDBA’s aim is to manage the Murray-Darling Basin’s water resources in the national interest.
The MDBA’s workforce is flexible, dynamic and responsive, with the capacity to respond quickly to emerging issues and rapid change. We are looking for high-achieving graduates with well-rounded skills who are keen to develop and become part of our team.
The MDBA offers a boutique training and development Graduate Program that exposes you to a broad variety of experiences. Graduates work with talented mentors at the forefront of innovative programs, ground-breaking research and policy development.
The MDBA’s highly successful graduate program has consistently been voted as one of the best programs in Australia. Each year, the program attracts high-achieving graduates in the fields of policy, engineering, environmental science, hydrology, social science, economics and law.
To be eligible for placement in MDBA’s Graduate Development Program you will:
- at a minimum, have completed a three year undergraduate degree in a critical discipline (if the degree was obtained overseas, the qualification must be recognised by the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition)
- be willing to relocate to Canberra, however regional placements may be considered
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident actively seeking Australian citizenship and will have been granted citizenship by the commencement of the Program
- have achieved at least 65% average for completed units
- satisfy all other MDBA engagement requirements including health and character clearances.
This vacancy has been nominated for filling within the agency’s graduate program. A graduate program is a structured, on the job program, designed to introduce graduates to an APS organisation. Successful applicants receive training and development, mentoring and on-the-job support.