Australia nationals: Project Manager (Water Resource Regulation)
To achieve the outcomes required by this role, you must be able to:
• Provide direction, guidance and leadership to others to ensure organisational goals and business objectives are achieved.
• Apply the provisions of the Water Act 2000 and Planning Act 2016 for the sustainable allocation and management of water.
• Provide high level advice to the Manager, Water Services and the Management Team on project direction, policy application and regional implementation.
• Contribute to the evaluation and implementation of state-wide water planning and water management policies and priorities.
• Lead water compliance initiatives for the region.
• Lead, manage and implement water planning projects for regional water resources and systems.
• Plan and implement programmes to monitor the quantity, quality and ecology of surface water streams and groundwater aquifers.
• Develop and implement operational and policy initiatives, including community and client consultation, associated with the sustainable allocation and management of water resources.
• Prepare submissions, briefing notes and contribute to the development of legislation and associated policy, work practices and guidelines, on complex water allocation and management issues.
• Work closely with stakeholders in the areas of water compliance and water management.
• Manage service delivery and associated change in expectations.
• Represent the department and region in a wide range of forums.
• Manage finances and human resources to ensure equity, ethical conduct and a high standard of Work, Health & Safety for all staff.
The position can be based in either Goondiwindi or St George but requires significant longer term presence in St George including overnight travel.
Assistance with residential accommodation may be available.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.