Australia nationals: Senior Policy Officer
Working in the Climate and Water team within Strategic Policy and Planning, you will work in a team to provide advice and information regarding natural resource management and environmental issues, in particular water policy, water resource planning and management, to support the growth and protection of agricultural industries across Queensland.
• Undertake policy analysis of natural resource management and environmental issues, particularly water management issues, affecting profitable and sustainable primary industries
• Provide support on policy development and advice on policy, legislative and regulatory issues, including but not limited to water policy and management issues, regarding primary industries
• Advise senior management and the Minister on water and other natural resource management issues, as well as coordinating whole of department submissions on agricultural impacts to the lead agency
• Lead and coordinate policy and project analysis and formal briefings into opportunities to improve natural resource management outcomes promoting the profitability and sustainability of Queensland's primary industries
• Develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders to provide timely advice to the Department on emerging natural resource management issues impacting on primary industries.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.