Partners for Resilience (PfR) is an alliance of humanitarian, development, climate and environmental civil society organizations (Care, Cordaid, Red Cross, Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Center and Wetlands International) and their partner organizations. The alliance promotes application of Integrated Risk Management (IRM) to strengthen and protect livelihoods of vulnerable communities.
The general objective of the Strategic Partnership (SP) is to ‘support the implementation of Sendai Framework of Action (SFA) and aim to ensure that the vulnerable people are more resilient in the face of climate change, and environmental degradation, enabling sustainable and inclusive economic growth’. The partnership has three inter-related specific objectives, responding to policy, practice and investment gaps that limit application of IRM approaches.
Qualifications and experience
Education: Masters Degree related to Disaster Management, Social Science, and Development Studies, Urban planning or any related areas.
• Experience of at least 0-3 years in technical project management /project coordination or related area
• 0-2 years experience in projects related to Disaster Policy and Action, Disaster Risk Reduction or Climate Risk management, Agriculture and rural development, Water resources management, environment.
• Experience working with Government institutions
• Experience in organizing events (seminars, training workshops etc)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review existing disaster management policies/acts or programmes of district/state;
• Facilitate incorporation of integrated risk management approaches in ongoing thematic/sectoral programmes of the District Disaster Management Centre with social inclusive approach (gender/marginalized inclusive).
• Assist in the development of the proposed disaster risk management plan of district and maintain liaison with the Disaster Management Authority of State and District, District administration, Tehsil and block officials and specialized agencies, inter-governmental institutions, major groups and other partners;
• Support the development of perceptual and factual databases on risk information
• Help organize and prepare written reports, such as background papers, analysis, studies and reports.
• Assist district and state disaster management authority to prepare the disaster management plan.
• Facilitate designing effective and implementation of revised district disaster management plan based on integrated risk management concept with social inclusive approach.
• Organizing and facilitate workshops and meetings with government officials.
• Sound independent judgment and strong analytical abilities.
• Liaisoning and Social advocacy
• Good report writing and communications skills.
• Good computer and web management skills.
• Works collaboratively with the colleagues to achieve goals.
Languages: Fluency in English and Hindi
Remuneration – Upto Rs.30-35k (negotiable) per month based on experience and skills. It is purely contractual position and may be extended time to time as per organizational needs and mutual consent.
Duration: Six months (contractual)
How to Apply
Please email your completed curriculum vitae and a cover letter, to the .
Applicants are requested to attach at least one specimen of their academic paper / research report/ or any published article.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. Applicants will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration.