The Watershed Stewardship Group Manager will be responsible for developing an annual work plan that directly relates to themes outlined in the Moose Jaw River Source Water Protection Plan and is inclusive of all stakeholders supported by the Board of Directors of the MJRWS non-profit corporation.
The focus of the organization is to work to protect and improve water quality in the Moose Jaw River Watershed. We are looking for a collaborative team leader who can help expand our reach and results in the Moose Jaw River Watershed. Working in a non-profit setting is a unique opportunity to focus and develop long term unique partnerships that will improve our natural resources in Saskatchewan.
The Watershed Stewardship Group Manager will lead watershed stewardship planning and implementation in the Moose Jaw River Watershed. This work will be conducted with a particular focus on conservation/stewardship practice implementation and will assist in other watershed stewardship initiatives as directed. This position will work closely with government agencies, non-government environmental organizations, agricultural producers, and communities in the watershed in a way that is inclusive of all stakeholders.
The major duties in this position include:
- Reporting monthly to the Moose Jaw River Watershed Board of Directors with respect to finances, projects and program delivery
- Providing leadership to the watershed community through outreach efforts related to protecting and enhancing watershed health (i.e. field days and agriculture-focused meetings and workshops)
- Writing and submitting relevant funding proposals
- Working with the team to develop and implement strategies for building and expanding watershed stewardship programming
- Managing quarterly and annual financial reporting and program activities, conservation practice implementation, and manage project budgets
- Provide supervision of Moose Jaw River Watershed employees.
- Maintaining and developing new public-private partnerships to support watershed activities
- Undertaking other duties as directed by the MJRWS Board of Directors
- Diploma or Bachelors in environmental sciences, agriculture, water resources, administration, engineering, or a related natural resource management field.
- Ability to coordinate and manage a complex, multi-organizational project
- Must be a self-starter, a creative problem-solver, able to establish priorities, and meet deadlines
- Must have a working knowledge of source water protection theories and the agronomic aspects of conservation/stewardship practices
- Must have the ability to work as a team leader with Moose Jaw River Watershed’s Board of Directors, staff and government agencies
- Preferred training and/or experience in organizational development, communications, consensus building, facilitation, and leadership skills
- Must have experience in funding proposals
- Must have excellent writing, presentation, and public relations skills
- Must have proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and personal transportation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30 per hour, negotiable and based upon Qualifications and Experience
- Funding Proposal Writing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Those wishing to apply should email a cover letter and a resume including the names, email addresses and phone numbers of three references.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for Applications: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 5:00 PM CST