Conservation Program Manager
Overall Job Purpose
The Conservation Program Manager will be principal technical representative of Wetlands International South Asia and will be responsible for developing and implementing programmatic work of the organization in line with the regional and global strategy. The candidate should have keen intellect and significant experience in developing and executing successful strategies relevant to wetlands conservation and management. The candidate should also be well versed with project designing & management skills, monitoring and evaluation tools and experience in managing and leading interdisciplinary teams and the ability to raise funds. The Conservation Programme Manager shall report to the Director.
- Support, through innovative suggestions and programme development ideas implementation of strategy of Wetlands International South Asia ensuring adherence and corporate ownership within the organisation.
- Lead technical team, foster learning and collaboration across the organization, and evaluate human resource and staff capacity as per growth and needs of the organization, ensuing quality induction and catering to strategic needs.
- Oversee technical program implementation and ensure good quality outcomes of financed projects and programs adhering and contributing to Wetlands International South Asia strategy.
- Help Director in preparing required quality material to be able to participate effectively as a member of the stream teams of Wetlands International, working collaboratively with other Wetlands International offices, regional and global partners.
- Prepare, under guidance of Director, annual workplan and budget of the organization.
- Should have enough understanding of reviewing existing legislation, policies, subsidies and incentives which effect wetland conservation.
- Develop mechanisms for timely execution of wetlands management action plans through integrated and multidisciplinary approach.
- Coordinate preparation, implementation and monitoring of project operational plans and activities in cooperation with implementing partner organizations and stakeholders.
- Represent the organisation at various meetings and forums.
- In consultation with Director, develop new initiatives and partnerships that contribute to Wetlands International South Asia strategy.
- Mobilize and manage fund raising initiatives and relationship with donors, other offices and Wetlands International Global office under the guidance of Director.
- Lead scientific knowledge development and stimulate peer-reviews and publications.
- Support the Director in maintaining standards of project development, communication and personnel management.
- Under the guidance of Director, develop and lead implementation of communications strategy of the organization.
- Help Director in maintaining effective project management systems to professional standards of accountability and transparency.
- Help Director in drafting documents and reports for Wetlands International South Asia Governing Body.
- Ph.D in life sciences, environmental sciences, natural resources management, aquatic ecology, hydrology, wetland economics and relevant fields.
- Good record of publications.
- Part of the current professional networks relevant to the position.
- Not less than 15 years relevant to wetlands conservation and management or management of natural resources with practical experience of restoration techniques which are seen at grass root levels.
- At least 8 years’ team leading experience, including objective setting, motivating, and managing performance.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and directing complex or multiple projects of strategic importance, including supervising multidisciplinary professionals and coordinating the work of partners while meeting deadlines.
- Experience in research and development through his technical knowledge acquired while working in lab for his doctoral work .
- Experience of conceiving and implementing strategic and creative initiatives.
- Ability to develop practical applications of scientific concepts and technical innovations for conservation and management of wetlands.
- Ability to communicate clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages including ability to translate complex issues into concise and clear messages.
- Demonstrable track record of fund raising and partnerships.
Successful candidate will be placed in Scale 7 of the organization (Rs.85,000- 6,800- 1,37,500).
Application to be submitted in the attached proforma. Complete applications to be emailed by May 20, 2019 to . Shortlisted candidates will be invited to appear for an interview in person.