Invitation for Expression of Interest for Chief of Parties: Water and Development IDIQ
RTI International is seeking experienced Chiefs of Party for anticipated 5-year USAID-funded water, sanitation, and hygiene projects around the world. Chiefs of Party will provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction for each project.
RTI International, a leading USAID implementer is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. For more than 60 years, RTI’s International Development Group has pursued innovative approaches to bring together private- and public-sector stakeholders to manage natural resources and promote sustainable livelihoods while conserving unique biodiversity. By improving service delivery and enhancing institutions, policy, and technical capacity, we strengthen water systems and sector management.
We encourage candidates with expertise in some or all of the following areas to apply: integrated water resource management; water, sanitation, and hygiene; urban utility turnaround; municipal water supply and sanitation services; water or wastewater operations and maintenance; water policy and governance, financing, and public-private partnerships; peri-urban and rural water supply and sanitation services; behavior change communications and public outreach; and institutional strengthening and capacity building.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Senior-level expertise in any of the following technical areas: integrated water resource management; water, sanitation, and hygiene; urban utility turnaround; municipal water supply and sanitation services; water or wastewater operations and maintenance; water policy and governance, financing, and public-private partnerships; peri-urban and rural water supply and sanitation services; behavior change communications and public outreach; and institutional strengthening and capacity building.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with counterparts and partners, at all levels.
- Ability to develop and lead towards a common vision among partners and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to manage all aspects of the project including technical, administrative, financial, operational and logistical management.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness and ability to be based in country, with frequent travel within the country.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree or an advanced degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing and leading technical and administrative teams for complex water projects, with substantial knowledge and experience related to policy analysis, advocacy, and/or strategic planning for water in developing countries.
- Demonstrated success in complex water program management including experience supervising project’s field offices and supporting staff, including long-term expatriate and local staff, short-term international and local experts, subcontractors, and grantees
- Strong oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization: and ability to coordinate activities with officials from host country government, US Government, NGO’s, and other agencies;
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team.
- Demonstrated success managing and leading technical and administrative teams.