Water and Sanitation Finance Researcher (Short-term)
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified, short-term Water and Sanitation Finance Researcher candidates for USAID’s Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) program.
Position Description/Summary: The USAID WASH-FIN program plans to conduct a review of international best practices and practical innovative approaches in financing investment in the water and sanitation sector to determine how these approaches can best be applied in South Africa. The Water and Sanitation Finance Researcher will research and prepare case studies of examples from around the world of the successful implementation of innovative or state-of-the-art financing mechanisms in the water and sanitation sector.
- Identify a list of approximately 25 international case studies viewed as being illustrative of ways in which finance has been successfully mobilized for water and sanitation investment across the entirety of both the water supply chain (water resource management, bulk water supply/treatment infrastructure, and distribution) and the sanitation supply chain (household latrines, fecal sludge removal/sewerage collection, and treatment) with an eye towards those that might be easily replicated in South Africa.
- Use the case study brief template provided by WASH-FIN to briefly explain the relevance of these solutions and how they were implemented. Summarize these case studies in a PowerPoint slide deck for presentation by others to larger the reference group overseeing the study.
- Prepare the Baseline Report, which lays out between 10 and 15 case studies (selected by the larger reference group from the list of 25 cases initially identified during Task 1) of between two and four pages, a more detailed review of the implementation of these solutions and their potential relevance in South Africa.
A detailed scope of work will be provided during the interview process. The anticipated level of effort is for up to 45 days between June and August 2019.
- Master’s degree in either finance, economics, or public administration or related field
- 3 years or more of work experience in related sector, such as water or development finance
- Strong writing skills
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is May 17, 2019.