Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist
The Government of Indonesia (GOI) has been working closely with the Government of Australia under KIAT program in the development of the water and sanitation sector and Bappenas has been the key counterpart. The Water Supply and Sanitation (WSS) Specialist will support the Senior Adviser to assist the Directorate for Urban, Housing, and Settlements (Direktorat Perkotaan, Perumahan, dan Permukiman) with the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of program of activities under KIAT which supports the development objectives of GOI in the urban water and sanitation sector.
The National WSS Specialist will provide in-depth support to the national working group for water and sanitation, Pokja PPAS (Pokja Perumahan, Permukiman, Air Minum dan Sanitasi) under the supervision of the Senior Adviser. Together with the Senior Advisor, the National WSS Specialist are expected to support the directorate’s management of Watsan sector development and policy development. They will assist Bappenas in preparing strategic inputs on several issues in the urban Watsan sector. The support for the Pokja will cover 3 areas: coordination, advocacy, and capacity development, specifically focusing on water and sanitation that was previously under Pokja AMPL.
This role also involves will have the following key activities:
The key activities for the positions are:
- Support the Senior Adviser to the Directorate for Urban, Housing, and Settlements in following activities:
- Identify strategic developments, priorities and opportunities for KIAT support.
- Analyze and evaluate the impact of existing and emerging water, sanitation and solid waste management program and policy areas and recommend improvements.
- Advice on development or improvement of water, sanitation and solid waste management policies and programs.
- Identify strategic collaboration opportunities in housing and settlement issues especially in policy and programs for improving and alleviating slum areas.
- In doing all works above, it should be carried out in collaboration with GoI and its counterparts
- Coordinate the design of KIAT activities within Bappenas.
- Provide inputs to the Senior Adviser to prepare and maintain an annual work plan of activity designs, implementation and progress monitoring.
- In coordination with the Senior Adviser, provide technical assistance and capacity building support to directorate for Urban, Housing, and Settlements as needed and in line with KIAT’s mandate and agreed priorities.
- Support the Senior Adviser to:
- Develop recommendations of strategies, programs, and activities, both for strengthening and revitalizing existing programs and for creating innovative programs in close collaboration with Pokja members.
- Provide advice on effective implementation of the existing guideline packages for local governments; providing communication strategy for better outreach to non-governmental stakeholders; and managing Pokja websites. This will be done in collaboration with Aliansi Kabupaten Kota Peduli Sanitasi (AKKOPSI/Alliance of Kabupatens/Kotas for Better Sanitation)
- Identify training needs of Pokja’s members and develop an effective capacity building system for both national governments and local governments.
- Mapping out GESI aspect within Bappenas and identify required action plans, in coordination with GESI CSE Strategic Adviser.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://www.cardno.com/media/4231/personnel-tor-advisory-support-to-bapp...
You will be a motivated and proactive Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- A minimum 10 years of experience infrastructure development especially in water and sanitation sectors, substantial experience in the field of advocacy/communication of water and sanitation issues to heads of local governments.
- Degree in environmental management, environmental engineering, civil engineering, economics, public administration, or other relevant discipline from an accredited university; advanced degree preferred.
- Familiarity with key stakeholders of the water, sanitation and waste management sectors, either at national or regional levels.
- Demonstrating innovative/creative perspective on the sector development.
- Ability to work comfortably in Indonesia Bahasa and English.
- Familiarity with sector issues including issues of public-sector governance, private-sector participation, institutional capacity building/training, regional autonomy, competition policy, investment incentives, asset management and output-based performance.
- Having moderate knowledge in financial/management aspect, and GESI and CSE would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with media/communication strategy will be beneficial.
Commensurate with level of experience and qualifications for the role. Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in IDR and will be subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations. This position attracts salary and allowances commensurate with the Australian Government Remuneration Framework.
Why join KIAT?
The Australia Indonesia Infrastructure Partnership (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur - KIAT) offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining KIAT, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply
Please send a CV and 3 referees.
The position closes on 20 May 2019
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.