The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a Project Delegate responsible for a joint German Red Cross/Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) intervention focusing on relief, WASH activities and capacity building of the National Host Society. In cooperation with URCS, GRC supports humanitarian aid activities for South Sudanese refugees and their host communities in Northern Uganda. The project, which will start in August 2019, focuses on the construction of water supply systems and latrines, as well as other WASH-oriented activities and distributions to refugee and host communities in Northern Uganda. Furthermore, the project seeks to support local and national structures to enhance the country’s and URCS’ capacities in hosting and integrating refugees.
Duration: 01.08.2019 for 27 months (extension is possible)
Location: Moyo, Moyo District, Uganda
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide technical support to URCS staff in the field of relief and WASH
- Strengthen URCS’ capacities and advocacy role in the response to the refugee crisis and in the refugees’ integration
- Monitoring of project implementation including the collection and analysis of data for indicator based reporting and project monitoring/control
- Ensure accurate project budgeting, financial management and expenditure tracking according to GRC and donor (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, AA) requirements
- Narrative and financial reporting in compliance with GRC and MOFA policies and regulations
- Ensure visibility and information sharing on the project
- Supervise ongoing GRC/URCS interventions focusing on support to the South Sudanese refugee population in North Uganda and hosting communities
- Contribute to a conducive work environment
- Actively engage in fundraising and preparation of concept notes and proposals
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in implementation and coordination of emergency aid activities
- Strong project management skills, particularly PCM and participatory methods
- Profound experience in finance management and prudent stewardship of project budget
- Experience in managing donor funded projects (BMZ and MOFA experience will be a strong asset)
- Strong skills in networking, negotiation and advocacy
- Proven capacity in operational and structural planning of emergency relief operations, as well as mainstreaming new concepts and approaches
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences
- Experience in cooperating with local organizations/ capacity building
- Experience in training local staff and community volunteers, and provide technical support
- Oral and written fluency in English; knowledge of German would be an asset
- Excellent computer skills (spreadsheets, word-processing, databases and other programs)
- Readiness to travel to and work in remote areas
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
- Valid Driving Licence
HOW TO APPLY:
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 26.05.2019.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2019-048 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage http://www.drk.de/ueber-uns/stellenboerse/drk-international-vacancies.html
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz