Program Associate (EDF Climate Corps)
EDF Climate Corps (www.edfclimatecorps.org) is a network of professionals united to advance climate solutions. This network is grounded in an innovative summer fellowship program which embeds trained graduate students in companies, cities and universities to accelerate and advance climate and energy goals. Since the program’s launch in 2008, EDF Climate Corps fellows have uncovered over $1.6 billion dollars in energy savings for participating organizations. With a network of over 1,700 professionals, EDF Climate Corps seeks to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon energy system by inspiring and empowering leaders.
The Program Associate will play a key role in advancing the recruitment campaign to attract highly qualified graduate students to the EDF Climate Corps fellowship program. Working under the direction of the Project Manager, the Program Associate will help to ensure a seamless and productive recruitment season by assisting with communications to universities and prospective applicants, supporting the screening and selection process and coordinating across the EDF Climate Corps team. Additionally, the Program Associate will support organizational relationship management activities, coordinate EDF-paid fellow onboarding and assist with Salesforce data projects for the team.
- Help to coordinate and schedule fellow recruitment events, assist in developing content for prospective applicant communications; monitor the application inbox and respond to applicant inquires as necessary, track recruitment activities, and execute other related activities such as assisting in the design of recruitment materials;
- Support the development of fellow application screening and selection criteria, coordinate with program staff and consultants to identify, collect and share project information with fellow applicants, assist in the development of content for fellow candidate communications and support other matching processes as necessary;
- Support EDF Climate Corps team in meeting organizational relationship management objectives by annually updating materials such as call guides and email templates, coordinating information gathering from EDF Climate Corps team and reminding them of key relationship management tasks and coordinating with IT to update salesforce trigger emails and workflows;
- Coordinate with Human Resources on fellow payroll needs, track fellow hiring paperwork submissions, troubleshoot issues as necessary and process fellow travel reimbursements;
- Coordinate with Data Specialist on special Salesforce projects and regularly enter program-related data into Salesforce;
- Oversee 5 relationships with EDF Climate Corps host organizations, assist in developing scope of work for these engagements, oversee summer fellowships and ensure successful completion of fellowship deliverables.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Highly organized self-starter with a passion for environmental issues;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience;
- Strong project management skills including demonstrated ability to use independent judgement to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload;
- Ability to oversee details of complex projects with high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to organize data, information and files in a thoughtful manner;
- Willingness to travel (10-15% of the time);
Desired qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- 2+ years of relevant work experience;
- Basic knowledge of the business implications of environmental issues and climate and energy policy;
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com and Microsoft SharePoint.