Local recruitment: Intern (Thailand Programme)
This is a local search of young talent and only nationals or individuals holding the appropriate visa of the duty station (Thailand) are eligible to apply.
This internship aims to offer students undergoing graduate or post-graduate studies a meaningful work experience by supplementing their learning through a practical and on-the-job training approach. In doing so, the intern’s knowledge is supplemented through a practical learning experience while IUCN derives some level of advantage from the young professional’s services as well as the possibility of gaining new perspectives from the intern.
Background of the Project:
Mekong WET: Building Resilience of Wetlands in the Lower Mekong Region, through a Ramsar Regional Initiative
Mekong WET will work closely with Ramsar authorities and communities in four target countries – Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam – to conduct vulnerability assessments and develop management plans with a focus on resilience building at 10 existing Ramsar sites (around 2 in Thailand), while sharing lessons with the remaining 17 other sites. Professional in-service training will be provided for 150 personnel and grants will be provided to support collaborative action between local communities and local authorities, benefiting several thousand people. Platforms will be established for bi-lateral dialogues on trans-boundary wetlands. The target sites in Thailand include Bang Pakong river basin, and Ranong province.
The project started in January 2017 and to end in December 2020.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, Mekong WET Project (Thailand Programme), the intern will perform the following tasks:
- Compile information and prepare documents and reports (English and Thai) within the framework of Mekong WET Project and Ramsar Convention
- Support the Field Coordinator in organizing and implementing the activities in Bang Pakong wetland and Ranong site;
- Conduct quick desk research and analyses on the wetland conservation measures/policies in line with Ramsar Convention in Thailand and other relevant tasks as assigned
- Student studying in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree on environmental science, international relations, development studies, communications or related area
- Experience in working in environmental projects, preparing project documents and organizing project activities would be an asset.
- Ability to travel to other provinces for work (Ranong and Chachoengsao)
- Good command in written and spoken English and Thai
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Administrative skills in the organizing of meetings and events
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/