Senior Sales and Client Manager
At Woodard & Curran, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients. If you are looking to join a team focused on innovating to solve the most challenging water problems, this is the opportunity for you.
Who we are looking for:
The professional selected for this critical role will be skilled in identifying, incubating and growing client account relationships in our Municipal West business focused on municipalities, cities and local public agencies. They will develop and execute account targeting, capture, and development plans to meet agreed upon business development and account growth goals aligned with business and strategic plan goals. The successful actions of this professional will drive growth that is critical to the Mission of the firm to provide a gratifying, safe place to work with expanding opportunities for our employees.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to develop and lead clients service teams drawn from the talent Practices of the firm.
- Increased leadership opportunities through higher visibility in the market place, client interactions and account development.
- Flexible work environment and competitive benefits.
- Strong bonus potential.
What will you be doing at Woodard & Curran?
The ability to grow and succeed as a firm is a direct function of the technical expertise we develop within, as well as the external client and business partnerships that we cultivate. As such, the Senior Sales and Client Manager is responsible for keeping their group’s technical proficiency at the forefront of their client and business relationships in order to market our innovative project delivery methods. This position is highly visible both within and outside the firm. Additional responsibilities include:
- Become part of a team focused on growing our municipal practice
- Grow client accounts and sell the full suite of services that Woodard & Curran offers
- Provide consultation to clients and project staff
- Prepare written proposals, presentations and budget quotes
- Negotiate terms of service delivery
- Maintain account relationships to create revenue growth
- Coordinate with our Marketing team to develop offerings and positioning pieces
- Attend and participate in sales meetings
- Assure that invoicing is completed for client accounts and collect overdue receivables
- External focus, opening doors for our senior and technical staff
- Identify opportunities early to allow time for teams to position for work
- Attend conferences and workshops to strengthen existing relationships, establish new client relationships, identify emerging technologies and market drivers
- Desire to serve and lead in a deliberate, focused and dynamic team environment
- Coach and develop junior members of the account management team
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 15 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the execution and management in the marketplace.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental sciences or engineering or related field from accredited program preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with municipalities, utilities, and institutions in urban and suburban settings
- Know municipal market place and be able to open doors to municipal clients (existing relationships with Southern California municipal clients preferred but not required)
- Identify, lead, and participate in business development and bid and proposal efforts.
- Strong desire to grow an organization and the ability to motivate others.
- Understanding of the business development cycle related specifically to the consulting business, including campaign management, proposal writing and development, and development of oral interview strategy and materials.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to travel mostly in California up to 60% of the time
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.