Are you an accomplished project manager with a minimum of 10 years of international experience in the climate change adaptation and resilience sector? If so, this opportunity could be for you.
Acclimatise is an award winning, specialist advisory and digital application company, providing world-class expertise in climate change resilience, adaptation and risk management. We are working with some of the world’s largest global companies, development agencies and governments worldwide. We bridge the gap between the latest scientific developments and real-world decision-making, helping our clients to interpret this knowledge within the context of their own strategies, processes, capabilities and stakeholders.
Acclimatise is looking for an experienced project manager. The project manager will assist initially in the set up and delivery of our work packages in two major EU Horizon 2020 climate services projects. More broadly, he/she will also undertake business development, proposal management and project management for Acclimatise’s public and private sector clients globally.
The primary role is to:
- Act as a project manager for consulting projects, including our H2020 work.
- Identify and secure additional technical staff resources to deliver the H2020 projects.
- Take an active role in business development, securing new contracts and leading delivery of projects.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in international climate change adaptation and resilience.
- Educated to Masters level as a minimum.
- Fluency in English and at least one other language (French, Spanish, German or Portuguese are preferred).
- Experience in project management in a consulting environment.
- Staff resource and financial budget management.
- Proven ability to develop successful technical and financial proposals and win contracts.
- Established contacts with prospective clients.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills.
This post will be in located in our office in Cardiff.
Only candidates with UK and EU citizenship, or candidates from other countries with existing valid work permits for the UK can be considered.
Interested applicants should send their CVs, and a covering letter to [email protected], and mark your application with the subject line ‘PROJECT MANAGER APPLICATION’.