Pacific Groundwater Group (PGG) of Seattle, Washington seeks to hire two Scientists, Hydrogeologists, or Engineers with a Master's Degree or PhD. Our projects range from remedial investigations/feasibility studies and cleanups to Superfund sediments allocation and forensics to water resource and land use hydrogeology. Because of our size and strong reputation, we generally are able to choose projects that are interesting and offer technical challenges.
We are looking for someone who has most of the following:
- Master degree or PhD in geology, hydrogeology, environmental engineering, or related field
- Background in environmental remediation, aqueous geochemistry, isotopes, and environmental geochemistry; fate and transport of organics and metals, chemical forensics and statistics (R or Python, etc.)
- Theoretical and applied understanding of groundwater flow, production well design and testing, water rights mitigation, well hydraulics, vadose zone processes, contaminant transport, data management, and groundwater modeling
- Strong writing and verbal ability
- Ability to discern what is important, to observe important details, to integrate details into a global understanding, and to communicate that information
- Good organizational skills
- Strong self-initiation
- Eagerness to assist in field efforts, analysis, and reporting
PGG is a small (staff of 18), highly technical groundwater and environmental firm.
We consult for private and public clients in the Northwest and elsewhere. PGG was founded in 1987 and is an equal opportunity employer. We value and appreciate creativity, quality work, a team approach, a sense of humor, and a balanced life. We have an associate program that builds employees successfully into ownership.