Classification: Infrastructure Officer 3
Salary: $115,193 – $126,450 plus superannuation
Position No: 14686
Directorate:Transport Canberra and City Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 23 June 2022
Contact Officer: Johann Pereira on [email protected] or 0466 713 095
Details: Roads ACT is seeking a leader with a strong, considered and engaging people focus to successfully deliver and drive a culture of respect and a desire to achieve customer service excellence. The ideal candidate will possess an innate ability to draw on the right skills in a contextually and environmentally appropriate manner, align team performance and develop capacity to achieve organisational objectives. Model commitment to continual learning, encourage ongoing development.
Roads ACT is responsible for the management of the territorial and municipal roads, national highways, the community paths, driveways, stormwater system, bridges, carpark facilities, traffic signals, streetlights and associated infrastructure. Roads ACT manage these assets on behalf of the ACT Government for the enjoyment of the Canberra community.
Within Roads ACT, Road Maintenance (RM) undertakes a diverse range of maintenance work on various ACT assets. These include roads and pavements, bridges, cycle paths, footpaths, car parks, signage, roadside furniture, street lighting, street sweeping, dams and the stormwater drainage network.
The ACT Public Service supports workforce diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, culturally diverse people and those who identify as LGBTIQ are encouraged to apply.
- hold a relevant professional qualification or accreditation with a professional body recognised within Australia; or
- hold a relevant building degree; or
- have significant building or Infrastructure knowledge and/or project management experience.
- Permanent resident of Australia.
- Driver’s licence (C-Class) is essential.
- Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering and/or related technical disciplines is highly desirable.
- Relevant dams industry experience is highly desirable.
- Procurement, project management/contract management skills are highly desirable.
- This position does not require a pre-employment medical.
- This position does not require a Working with Vulnerable People Check.
Note: An order of merit will be established from this selection process and may be used to fill future identical vacancies over the next 12 months.
How to Apply: Applicants are asked to submit the following;
- A supporting statement of no more than two pages outlining experience and/or ability and addressing the requirements of “What you Require” section of the attached position description.
- A current curriculum vitae
- Contact details of at least two referees.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
Applicants should note that a Joint Selection Committee (JSC) established in accordance with the collective/enterprise agreement provisions will assess all applications for this position.