Centre for Sustainable Agricultural Systems
Join Australia’s leading regional University and become a member of USQ’s Centre for Sustainable Agricultural Systems. The Centre specialises in multidisciplinary agricultural research bringing together specialists from integrated soil systems, agricultural systems and catchment modelling, sustainable agricultural systems and agrimetrics. Centre members also work collaboratively with other research centres and schools within the university including the School of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, Centre for Applied Climate Sciences, Centre for Agricultural Engineering and the Centre for Crop Health.
In this key role, your priorities will include:
- Analysing and modelling soil and water within agricultural systems,
- Working to develop conceptual and mathematical models from field observations and working to implement them in existing simulation models,
- Applying models using data sets from varying sources and working on model calibration, development and uncertainty analysis,
- Communicating research findings in different forms including peer reviewed publications, industry reports and publications, field days, conferences and meetings, and
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate research projects.
What will help you succeed
- A higher degree qualification in a relevant discipline area (a doctoral qualification is highly desirable)
- Soil and water modelling expertise as evidenced though first-authored research papers in high-quality, relevant journals
- High level oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of agricultural systems in Australia
What we can offer you
- Join the Centre for Sustainable Agricultural Systems team with a vision to be recognised for delivering world-class research.
- On-the-job-learning, as well as access to an extensive learning and development portfolio
- Generous employer superannuation contributions
- Salary sacrifice
- USQ sponsored Fit and Well Corporate Program which includes gym membership
- Discounted personal travel and health services
The Toowoomba region offers a relaxed lifestyle and family-friendly atmosphere and is a great choice for those wanting to escape big city life whilst still pursuing their career goals.
The University offers a range of different ways of working and connecting across our physical and virtual spaces to meet the needs of our students, partners and community. We value diversity and strive to foster an inclusive environment that is underpinned by our values and champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from all diversity groups.
With an increasingly diverse workforce, we understand that careers may be placed on hold or limited throughout many life circumstances. We recognise the importance of considering achievement relative to opportunity and encourage you to outline factors such as career breaks, gender, family, or other factors which may have resulted in a limited career progression.
For a confidential discussion about the role and USQ, please contact Dr Afshin Ghahramani on +61 7 4631 1178 or email [email protected].
You must have unrestricted work rights in Australia for the duration of this appointment to apply. Visa sponsorship is not available for this appointment.
Reference Number: 0169_06/22
- Full-time fixed-term appointment until 31 January 2024.
- Then fractional 0.5 FTE fixed-term appointment from 1 February 2024 to 31 December 2024, with the potential for full-time as new research projects are contracted.
- Level A: Total remuneration range $83,022 to $111,378 pa (includes salary range of $70,150 to $94,109 pa, employer superannuation contributions of 17% of salary and annual leave loading)
- Level B: Total remuneration range $117,060 to $138,361 pa (includes salary range of $98,910 to $116,908 pa, employer superannuation contributions of 17% of salary and annual leave loading)
Please note, the above salary ranges will be pro-rated to reflect the 0.5 fractional appointment from 1 February 2024 to 31 December 2024.
Closes: Sunday, 10 July 2022
At USQ, we are united by our core values of Respect, Integrity and Excellence, which guide our daily actions and decision making.
If you think you can bring this role to life, we invite you to submit your resume/CV along with a two-page statement outlining your motivation and suitability for the role. You can find out more about the role in the Position Description.