These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Management of WASH staff
- Conduct DIP & PPP and Implement plans of action for delegated portfolio of projects (activities, budget and project documentation).
- Lead WASH team members (WASH engineers and Hygiene promotion officers) to develop winning and high level WASH Technical studies, designs bill of quantities as well as future WASH plans.
- Day to day follow-up of project implementation
- Supervise the WASH Technical Officer(s) and other staff throughout the planning and implementation of the emergency response
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison, coordination and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders
- Promote the rights of beneficiaries in line with the advocacy strategy
- Manage the rehabilitation of water schemes and WASH infrastructures
- Manage Hygiene promotion activities
- Manage WASH staff and follow relevant HR/Admin procedures
- Ensure close and productive relationships with other NRC departments (eg Logistics, Finance, HR/Admin), local authorities, suppliers/service providers, other humanitarian organizations and other stakeholders
- Provide imaginative solutions to any problems arising out of NRC operations
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Help plan and carry out needs assessments, baseline studies and surveys, and provide feedback on the findings from the various project stakeholders.
- Coordinate/share plans with the cluster partners, NGOs/INGOs/UN agencies and Govt Line agencies to avoid any duplication of project activities or service provision.
- Liaise with community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally in order to coordinate within the Education and Food Security sectors.
Preparation of reports, supervise data collection within beneficiary communities to ensure impartiality and clarity of information collected.
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working as a WASH Team Leader in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Strong English as well as strong Arabic skills, written and spoken.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Technical background in WASH/Shelter and a University Degree in civil Engineering and 3 years experience in WASH work and humanitarian.
- Elementary knowledge on budgeting and accounting.
- Good understanding of common hygiene promotion and sanitation approaches.
- Knowledge and understanding of sphere and Sphere standards.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven leadership and management skills including planning and budget tracking capacities.
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of water, sanitation and hygiene promotion.
- Ability to supervise and mentor staff to achieve results.
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and work long hours.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email). AutoCAD, Revit, SAB and ETABs software knowledge is required.