Our Arlington-based staff continues to work remotely and visit the office on a limited basis. When our office officially opens, in-office work schedules/locations will be determined in accordance with CI policies and in keeping with the role’s responsibilities. Hiring managers will provide guidance on hybrid or blended work schedules for the role in question when a candidate is contacted for an interview.
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous, and more productive planet.
Over the last 10 years, CI has developed a comprehensive Blue Climate program spanning over 20 countries dedicated to identifying and addressing science and policy priorities for oceans and climate globally. The Blue Climate program within the Center for Oceans at CI works closely with our field programs across the Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Africa to design and implement innovative approaches to (1) implement nature-based climate adaptation solutions that improve coastal and marine communities’ well-being while also conserving ecosystems and biodiversity; and (2) conserve and restore coastal blue carbon ecosystems (mangroves, salt marshes, and seagrass meadows) for climate adaptation and mitigation. The Blue Climate program also has key leadership roles in advancing climate mitigation and adaptation priorities into national and regional coastal management, policy, and science through the Blue Carbon Initiative (Science and Policy working groups), the International Partnership for Blue Carbon, the Global Mangrove Alliance and the Global Green-Gray Community of Practice
Under the supervision of the Blue Climate Manager, the Blue Climate Coordinator should be a self-motivated, creative team member dedicated to the long-term growth and success of CI’s Blue Climate program. This position provides administrative, research, and project support to the Blue Climate team and critical facilitation of the Blue Carbon network team which spans multiple CI programs and centers. The position will coordinate with other programs within the Center for Oceans, Natural Climate Solutions Center, Moore Center for Science, Policy Center, and others across CI as well as with external partners to ensure successful completion and maximum integration of blue climate initiatives and partnerships at CI. The position requires the ability to build strong working relationships with staff from across CI’s country programs, other CI Centers, and a diverse range of external partners including academics, conservation leaders, and partners.
Day-to-day management and coordination of the Blue Climate team within the Center for Oceans, including:
- Coordinating meetings and keeping track of goals, timelines, and progress toward milestones
- Assist blue climate team members in developing proposals, in tracking progress and assessing program impact, and writing grant reports
- Support the development and dissemination of routinely updated internal and external program communications (e.g., written, web, and social media) including drafting memos, presentations, maintaining relevant websites, and communication efforts related to CI’s Blue Climate and Blue Carbon work
- Establish and maintain administrative, workflow, and program/project monitoring systems, including an electronic repository for program and project documents, proposals, and deliverables
- Support program learning events including managing communications travel logistics, venue oversight, travel reimbursements, and related event expenses
- Provide administrative support and process routine financial transactions for key staff, including managing travel arrangements and the department calendar
- Organize conference calls and team/committee meetings; manage agendas, logistics, minutes, and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- This position is based in Arlington, VA.
- Typical office environment.
- May need to work extended hours as needed.
- Occasional (once or twice a year) international travel may be required.
- For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our community, all US-based Conservation International staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This mandatory vaccine requirement applies to all staff working remotely, in a hybrid work arrangement, and on-site in CI US offices. Effective January 4, 2022, new hires will be required to provide proof of full vaccination with a government-approved vaccine as a condition for employment. Requests for reasonable accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
- High School or Secondary School education.
- 2 – 4 years of related work experience, preferably in the conservation, NGO, or advocacy arena.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Solid attention to detail and strong research and proofreading skills.
- Ability to function well in a multicultural, diverse, and fast-paced work team environment.
- Comfortable managing multiple duties and adapting to changing priorities.
- Service focus. Courteous, tactful, and proven ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work under general supervision and take initiative to solve problems under supervisor direction.
- Team player and ability to effectively partner and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or up to four years of college-level work preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Proficient with software systems, terminology, and procedures. Skilled in learning and adapting to new software applications.
- Some familiarity with GIS software.
- Bilingual or multilingual desired.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.
Application deadline: July 10, 2022 (11:49PM EST)
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE
Conservation International is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/DisabledBack