Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
- Job-ID: V000049899
- Location: Amman
- Assignment period: 09/01/2022 – 08/31/2024
- Field: Waterresourcesmanagement
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 07/12/2022
In close cooperation with the water authority, the Ministry of Water and regional suppliers, the project strengthens the performance of actors in the sector. It advises the political partner on the implementation of national quality management systems, supports local water suppliers in improving their performance and trains employees of water suppliers according to modern methods in the rehabilitated training centre.
- Conduct and organise face-to-face, online and hybrid training
- Supporting the implementation of management and planning processes, including the initiation and coordination of an advisory board
- Conducting methodological, pedagogical and technical trainings for trainers
- Contributing to the development of needs-oriented curricula
- Optimisation of the methods and tools used in the trainings
- Selection, training and coordination of local experts
- Knowledge management, communication and reporting on the activities of the training centre
- Networking and exchange with water utilities in Jordan and the region
- Specialist, trainer, vocational teacher, pedagogue, master craftsman or engineer
- Many years of experience in on-the-job training or continuing vocational training
- Competences in the field of digital transformation of vocational education and training
- Experience in corporate organisational and personnel development
- Strong intercultural and social skills
- Technical and methodological competence in vocational education and training
- Professional experience in the Middle East and North Africa region is an advantage
- Business fluent in English; knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Jordan.
In general, the security situation is calm. The instructions on security measures issued by GIZ must be followed at all times. Please also inform yourself about country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office. GIZ has a professional security risk management team in place. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on family members travelling with you. If necessary, we ask you to find out which forms of relationship are legally and socially accepted in the country of assignment.
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Driving licence is required.
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment – please contact us at: [email protected]
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment – in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued – regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.