|Organisation / Entity:||Water|
|Job category:||Policy | AdvisoryPolicy | Client Education|
|Job location:||StatewideSydney Region / Sydney – West|
|Job reference number:||520979|
|Total remuneration package:||Clerk Grade 11/12|
|Closing date:||07/07/2022 – 11:55 PM|
Do you want your work to make a difference for NSW?
Together, we create thriving environments, communities and economies.
- Principal Policy Officer
- Ongoing full-time opportunity, flexible NSW location available
- Salary relative to experience, and starts from $131,094 + super
Our Urban Water team in the Resilient Cities and Towns Branch is currently seeking a Principal Policy Officer. As a Principal Policy Officer you will be looking into all aspects of urban water policy work including projects that will better integrate land use planning and water management and support utilities to adopt a broad portfolio of climate resilient water supply options. This role will require you to collaborate extensively across the department, cluster and government sector to enhance urban water outcomes for people and communities of NSW.
As the Principal Policy Officer Urban Water Policy, you will thrive in a high paced environment, where you manage competing priorities with deadlines that are often changing. You will take a collaborative approach to leading research and the development of new urban water policy initiatives. You will critically analyse reports, external policy proposals and cabinet submissions to prepare high-quality advice in various forms to support DPIE Water Executives and the Minister.
- Tertiary qualifications in economics, urban planning, engineering, environmental science, policy, law, public sector administration, or equivalent, relevant professional experience and training.
- Sound experience and experience in processes for the planning and delivery of water services, water resource management, land use planning, urban planning, or the principles of integrated water cycle management.
- Sound knowledge of the policy processes and the processes of government.
We offer flexible work from home arrangement and supportive team environment to ensure you develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders.
For more information read the full Role Description: Principal Policy Officer
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
It is an essential requirement of the role that successful candidates are fully vaccinated by receiving an acceptable course of COVID-19 vaccination as defined by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) as a condition of employment.
Applications close 7 July 2022 at 11:55PM.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Rachel Watson via [email protected]
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.