Position title: Junior project officer, WWF Mediterranean-North Africa
Reports to: Freshwater program manager
Dotted Reporting Line: N/A
Division & Department: Freshwater program
I. Mission of the Department:
Through our work in the Freshwater program, we help protect, connect, and sustainably manage key freshwater habitats, river basins and aquifers in Tunisia. Our approach is based on collaboration and consultation to put in place climate change adaptation measures to improve people’s livelihoods.
We encourage the adoption of integrated resource management and the reduction of the water footprint, particularly in agriculture and industry.
II. Major Functions:
The junior project officer will work closely with the Freshwater program manager to implement Waterpact project activities. He/she will execute comprehensive action plans, including resources, timelines, and budgets for the WaterPact project. He/she will undertake various coordination and implementation tasks as well as administrative tasks, such as updating the documentation associated with the project, processing financial requests and procurement work.
III. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the responsibility and with the support of the Freshwater Program Manager :
– Ensures all partners and relevant stakeholders (the steering committee members, beneficiary companies, designated focal points and members of the dialogue platform) are engaged and informed of the project progress
– Ensures implementation, monitoring and updating, when necessary, of Waterpact project activities
– Support in administrative and budget management to ensure alignment with donor requirements
– Events management: Prepare and organize training workshops, policy events and study tours
– Executes the procurement and recruitment process (prepare terms of reference for external consultants, terms of reference for communication materials and project documentation) and ensures activities carried out by external suppliers are implemented according to the terms of service.
– prepare technical and financial reports, terms of reference and other technical support
– Monitoring of expenses in accordance with the project budget.
– Prepares technical reports and coordinates with the administration and finance department to produce financial reports.
– Ensure the archiving (digital and physical) of project documents.
– Manages the relationship with research institutions and scientists to support awareness actions with the most adequate scientific data.
– Supports partners with the implementation and monitoring evaluation of their activities.
● Required Qualifications:
o University degree in the fields of environmental sciences, water resources management and protection of natural ecosystems and similar disciplines
o Minimum 3 years of experience in projects with the public sector, NGOs and the private sector on the protection of natural ecosystems, sustainable development including project management.
o Advanced knowledge of spatial monitoring tools and GIS. (Prefered)
o Good command of financial planning, budgeting.
o Advanced experience in the management of projects led by NGOs in partnership with the public sector and NGOs
● Required Skills and Competencies:
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and in French and English.
o Ability to work with a team spirit
o Has a positive and confidence-inspiring attitude with excellent cultural awareness and sensitivity
o Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
o Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization:
Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
V. Working Relationships:
The junior project officer will be part of the freshwater program and will work under the supervision of the Freshwater program manager. He/she will work closely with the Freshwater program team, the Finance and administration department and other conservation programs.
The junior project officer will liaise with Waterpact project partners, beneficiary focal points, the donor management unit (UGPO ECOPACT) and research institutions
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Candidates must send a CV and a cover letter to [email protected] no later than July 6, 2022 at midnight (Tunis time) with the mention ‘Junior project officer Waterpact’ in the subject of the email.
Applications without mention will not be considered.