Supplier Water Stewardship Manager
Edinburgh Park or London
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We are the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons and our success is thanks to the diversity of our talent and strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy and it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve this, we need the world’s very best people.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
About the Role
This is a global position that sits within Diageo’s Sustainable Procurement structure. The Global Sustainable Procurement team is an enabler of sustainability for the procurement function, which is a mixture of above-market resources focused on developing world class category strategies and in-market Procurement resources focused on excellence in execution of category strategies and supplier performance management. This role will have particular focus of supplier water performance management.
The role is critical to the delivery of Diageo’s Society 2030: Spirit of Progress and our Performance Ambition – helping us to become both ‘best performing’ and ‘most trusted and respected’ in the critical decade of action through to 2030.
The prime function of this role is to develop and operationalise the supply chain water plan (see Pillar 1 in the summary below) as integral part of the broader four pillar 2030 Preserve Water of Life Strategy – including global programme development, implementation, management and reporting, and through integration into current global sustainability performance management structures.
Key Accountabilities include:
- You will develop, in partnership with Global Spirit of Progress team, a new supply chain water stewardship plan (Pillar 1), building on existing 2030 water strategy commitments, for measuring, managing, improving and reporting Diageo’s supply chain water impact.
- Lead engagement with agricultural suppliers/farmers in water stressed markets, driving improved water management performance for both irrigated and non-irrigated crops.
- Reporting of performance against Pillar 1 2030 Spirit of Progress targets, and contributing to development of broader 2030 Preserve Water of Life Strategy.
- Lead the integration of supply chain water stewardship across all suppliers into our procurement ways of working
- Lead the development and dissemination of supply chain water stewardship plan implementation guide/tools to provide clear guidance for markets and category leads to ensure consistent and effective implementation of the plan
- Support Global Spirit of Progress team with integration of the important interdependencies between biodiversity, climate risk, water management, gender diversity, sustainable agriculture and people/farmers
- Support internal and external data collection to establish baselines and support development of supplier, category, and market improvement plans.
Support global Supply Sustainability Team with development of new Diageo Water Management Standard, focussing on data, benchmarking and performance expectations for suppliers (particularly those located in water stressed markets).
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience of corporate water stewardship management – preferably within global agricultural based supply chains.
You will have in-depth knowledge of latest development in science-based tools, guidance, standards and methodologies for measuring, managing and reporting corporate water stewardship, particularly in agricultural and supplier context.
Good understanding and experience of developing and implementing new programmes in multi-dimensional, complex supply chains in multiple global markets, particularly in Global South.
Excellent project management, programme management, communication, and interpretation of complex environmental data and trends.
Expertise in sustainable supply chain issues and familiarity with global sourcing strategies.
Passionate about sustainability and creating value through value chain collaboration.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realise its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
CHARACTER IS EVERYTHING
Worker Type: Regular
Primary Location: 1HQ
Additional Locations: Edinburgh Park
Job Posting Start Date: 2022-05-27-07:00