It’s not hard to come to work each day when you’re preventing pollution, saving energy, and helping the world mitigate and become more resilient to impacts from climate change. ICF is at the forefront of preparing leading-edge technical and policy analyses, identifying resilience solutions, and implementing programs to decarbonize our economy, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and advance climate adaptation. Our team works with all levels of government, multilateral institutions and commercial clients to develop emissions inventories and carbon footprints, analyze strategies for reducing greenhouse gas emissions, conduct climate vulnerability assessments, develop climate action plans, and support organizational resilience and sustainability.
ICF is hiring multiple positions to assist with research, data analysis, writing, and related activities to support our climate change work. These positions will focus on greenhouse gas accounting and management, life-cycle and supply chain analyses, climate change adaptation and resilience, and supporting various clients with sustainability goal-setting and performance management.
Candidates MUST have all of the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in climate change or sustainability topics.
- Comfort performing quantitative analyses, and managing and analyzing large datasets.
- Comfort working with Microsoft Excel, R, and/or Python.
- The ability to use research and data to help “tell a story” and provide salient information with which our clients can make decisions.
- Comfort reading and interpreting technical scientific and engineering information.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree by Summer 2022 in Atmospheric Sciences, Economics, Chemistry, Math, Environmental Sciences, Biology, Climate Science, or related field.
- Cumulative and major GPA of at least 3.2 or higher.
Although not required to apply, candidates are encouraged to highlight any experience with the following:
- Life-Cycle analysis
- Climate change adaptation topics
- Vulnerability or risk assessment
- Developing greenhouse gas inventories or estimating greenhouse gas reductions
- Decarbonization topics
- Climate change impacts, and resilience solutions, for the energy sector and utilities
- Experience communicating complex topics to general audiences
This is an entry-level position, intended for candidates who have 0-1 years of experience and are available to start working in Summer 2022. This position will be located in ICF’s Crystal City office in Arlington, VA, under a hybrid work arrangement (i.e., minimum 2 days in the office; the other days may be remote or in the office).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email [email protected] and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Arlington, VA (VA31)