Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water (Organisation site)
Urban Water Supply Planning; Divisional Support; Water Resource Management; Brisbane
The Role Operating from within Water Resource Management, you will work with internal and external stakeholders to support and inform water supply security planning in the urban water sector across Queensland. In particular, the holder of this position will provide leadership and technical expertise on scoping and reviewing water supply and demand balance security assessments utilising the latest hydrologic modelling techniques. The holder of the position must be able to provide high level advice on the supplementing of water entitlements under Queensland’s water allocation and management framework with ‘all-options-on-the-table’ type solutions to achieve appropriate urban water supply security outcomes.
|Position type||Flexible full-time|
|Workplace Location||Brisbane Inner City,Flexible|
|Job ad reference||QLD/427403/22|
|Yearly salary||$115314 – $123480|
|Fortnightly salary||$4420.00 – $4733.00|
|Contact person||Craig Gordon|
|Contact details||MB: 0428 114 232|
Access the National Relay Service
Key Duties and Accountabilities:
• Lead or guide the delivery of substantial hydrological assessments in support of regional economic development and urban water security initiatives across Queensland.
• Provide expert advice on hydrologic assessments (including historical, stochastic and climate change modelling assessments), the use of and supplementing of water entitlements, and where necessary adjustment of operations under statutory Water Plans to achieve appropriate urban water supply security outcomes and levels of service.
• Undertake or arrange, oversee, and review technical assessments associated with urban and regional water supply planning initiatives including hydrological assessments.
• Provide input to annual reporting on the status of urban water security risks in Queensland.
• Provide timely and accurate advice and information to executive management and clients to enable effective decision-making.
• Develop and maintain effective partnerships liaising with key internal and external stakeholders to meet key organisational objectives.
• Advocate for and seek to influence the establishment of systems and capabilities for enhancing urban water security for Queensland communities which have diverse risk profiles.
• Contribute to the advancement of team understanding of hydrologic modelling requirements through coaching and mentoring.
• Conduct and coordinate research, analysis and review of complex water supply planning issues.
• Manage and prioritise workload in line with agreed plans to assist in meeting project milestones for its program of work.
• Lead project teams promoting accountability for project deliverables and milestones.
Evidence that you have up-to-date vaccinations against COVID-19 or that you are medically exempt from this vaccination will be required for this vacancy.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.