|Job title||Technical Specialist|
|Location||Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Karauli (Rajasthan), Ramanathapuram (Tamil Nadu)|
|Reporting To||Head- Strategic Initiatives|
|Contract Duration||1st Aug 2022 to 31st August ,2024|
|Number of Position||03|
Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter 8 of the Companies Act, 2013. JSCF, is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India.
WaterAid India seeks to improve access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene for everyone, everywhere.
We started in 1986 because no non-profit like us existed. We are determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Only by tackling these three essentials, in ways that last, can people change their lives for good.
In India, WaterAid works with communities in rural and urban areas. Thanks to our amazing supporters, we have reached millions of people with these three essentials – clean water, decent toilets, and good hygiene – enabling communities to unlock their potential to break free from the cycle of poverty and to change for good.
We will not stop. Not until clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene are a normal part of everyday life for everyone, everywhere.
WaterAid India’s (WAI) country office is based in New Delhi with State Offices in Bhopal, Raipur, Bhubaneswar, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Patna and Lucknow. We currently work in 11+ states across the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on ensuring that communities – especially low-income families – are WASH secure i.e. with assured access to safe drinking water at the household level; with safely managed sanitation’ institutions such as anganwadi’s, schools and health care facilities with adequate and appropriate WASH infrastructure and with good hygiene behaviours. We seek to do this through demonstration and the provision of technical and knowledge support to governments at all levels who can facilitate this adoption on scale.
JJM and SBM 2.0 has very well laid out guidelines which specify institutions at each level their roles and responsibilities and clear processes to be followed in realizing 100% functional household tap connections across Rural India. The scale and speed with this this have to be accomplished, requires all sector partners to support Government in building the capacities of institutions and handhold in adopting the processes, so that no one is left behind, and the interventions are sustainable.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poor in particular through direct services and millions more through our influencing work. WAI is initiating a time bound project titled “Technical support to 2 Districts for effective implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission and Swachh Bharat Mission 2.0” focusing on addressing the water and sanitation challenges in Karauli and Ramanathapuram districts. The project aims to work very closely with the Government of Rajasthan and Government of Tamil Nadu.
In consultation with the district teams, the Technical Specialist will be overall responsible to assess requirement and plan for potential solutions for water source sustainability and grey water and solid waste management in the districts. Identify the need for engineering surveys and develop detailed project reports for all hardware work.Provide technical support to district team on technology selection, gap assessment and Detailed Project Reports as and where required. The Technical Specialist will also be required to identify agencies and individuals to be engaged for specific technical assignments in the project. S/he will closely work with the District Coordinators, based at district Karauli (Rajasthan) and Ramanathapuram (Tamil Nadu) to understand the needs of the location and provide support accordingly.
Roles & Responsibility:
- Anchor all technical interventions related to implementation of hardware by district teams in the project.
- Supervise and guide district team to develop high assessment of available WASH infrastructure in the intervening panchayats
- Provide support and monitor timely completion of all hardware work planned in the project with excellent quality.
- Support and guide district teams to ensure standard quality of hardware interventions in the project.
- Responsible to ensure adherence to technical standards and compliance to technical guidelines and policies in all the projects
- Undertake monitoring visits to sites to ensure adherence to quality standards.
1. Technical Support & Capacity Building Training
- Develop capacity building plans related to grey water and solid waste management, Rural FSM and water security & source sustainability in consultation with SBM (G), Zila Panchayat, Gram Panchayat.
- Coordinate and provide technical support to district government in building strategy for grey water and solid waste management, Rural FSM with reference to SBM 2.0 and water security & source sustainability in rural context.
- Support District and Panchayats to develop Grey water and solid waste management and Water Security model action plan for execution at village/GP level preferring simple technology.
- Development and submission of Technical reports, Designs, drawings and estimates.
- Develop comprehensive village level Grey water and solid waste management, non-sewered sanitation and water security plan.
3. Health and safety
- Ensuring compliance to the organisation’s policy and procedures, such as risk management, Health and Safety policy, Water Quality Protocols, etc.
4. Any other duties as may be assigned by District Coordinator / Head – Strategic Project
Eligibilities and Qualifications:
- Post-graduate/graduate degree (or equivalent) in civil engineering or environmental engineering
- Work experience between 7 to 10 years in a similar organizational/ functional context.
- Experience of working closely with district/state government on the issue of water & sanitation will be desirable
- Strong technical understanding with ability to analyse WASH infrastructure gaps, and provide possible solutions to makers in sustainable sanitation and water security
- Good understanding and experience of small size faecal sludge/Grey water treatment technologies and their selection for appropriate contexts is required.
- Experience on non-sewered sanitation and Faecal Sludge Management (FSM).
b.) Skills, Aptitude and Attitude:
- The Candidate should possess excellent computer skills in MS Office and relevant applications
- Problem solving skills from a techno-economic point of view will be preferred.
- Professional language proficiency in English and Hindi. Additional knowledge of Tamil will be an advantage
- Familiarity with design and drawing in software like AutoCAD, SketchUp Pro, Global Mapper Software, digital methods (GIS) will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Hands on approach to problem solving and trouble shooting
- WAI, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Women and the differently abled are encouraged to apply.
|Job Email id:||waindiahr(at)wateraid.org|
|Download Attachment:||JSCF Application Form (1).doc|