|Job title||Project Coordinator|
|Location||Arambag, Hooghly (West Bengal)|
|Reporting to||State Programme Director|
|Reporting from||District Coordinators, Technical Coordinator and Accounts Officer|
|Contract Duration||1 year (Extendable as per donor requirement and coterminous with the project)|
Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter 8 of the Companies Act, 2013. JSCF, is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India.
WaterAid India seeks to improve access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene for everyone, everywhere.
We started in 1986 because no non-profit like us existed. We are determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Only by tackling these three essentials, in ways that last, can people change their lives for good.
In India, WaterAid works with communities in rural and urban areas. Thanks to our amazing supporters, we have reached millions of people with these three essentials – clean water, decent toilets, and good hygiene – enabling communities to unlock their potential to break free from the cycle of poverty and to change for good.
We will not stop. Not until clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene are a normal part of everyday life for everyone, everywhere.
WaterAid India’s (WAI) country office is based in New Delhi with State Offices in Bhopal, Raipur, Bhubaneswar, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Patna and Lucknow. We currently work in 11+ states across the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on ensuring that communities – especially low-income families – are WASH secure i.e. with assured access to safe drinking water at the household level; with safely managed sanitation’ institutions such as anganwadi’s, schools and health care facilities with adequate and appropriate WASH infrastructure and with good hygiene behaviours. We seek to do this through demonstration and the provision of technical and knowledge support to governments at all levels who can facilitate this adoption on scale.
- Lead and manage the team to ensure objectives of the project are met effectively within the desired timeline.
- Provide guidance and supervise project implementation. Lead action plan development and delegate work to team members, carry out regular monitoring and ensure quality of deliverables.
- Working with WaterAid’s communications Team (through the State Programme Director) to ensure effective documentation of the work being implemented,
- Produce high quality report to be shared with the donors and other stakeholders and ensure MIS entry with the support of District Coordinator.
- Take lead in conceptualizing and organizing state/ district level consultations /workshops / conferences as required in the project
- Establish and maintain working relation with diverse set of stakeholders – concerned Government Departments, Technical Agencies related to the themes of the project, Bilateral Agencies and other NGOs working in project geography.
Eligibilities and requirements
- Post-graduation (or equivalent) qualification in one of the following areas: social sciences, social work, rural development, business administration, international development, economics, water/natural resource management, environment, social policy; additional qualification in water, sanitation, hygiene (WASH) will be an added advantage
- About 8-10 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/functional context.
- Experience of working on WASH issues/ water related issues will be an added advantage
- Experience in managing programmes in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience of managing technically skilled teams
- Experience in coordinating with state and district administration
- Sound understanding of issues pertaining to water conservation, water quality, sanitation and hygiene promotion
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills, both written and oral, in English, and Bengali
- Proactive and self-motivated individual capable of engaging with various stakeholders
- A self-starter, able to work independently
- A team player, able to work in a collaborative way
- Ability to travel extensively – beyond the project location & State
- Ability to meet strict timelines
WAI, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Women and the differently abled are encouraged to apply.
|Job Email id:||waindiahr(at)wateraid.org|
|Download Attachment:||JSCF Application Form.doc|