Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (WASH Institute), established in 2008, is a non-profit organization, dedicated to providing practical solutions to tackle a wide range of water, sanitation, hygiene and environmental issues in India and the neighbouring countries. WASH Institute aims to build the capacities of the sector through programs that provide a) training and academic courses, b) technical advisory and consultancy services, and c) grass roots community WASH programs.
WASH Institute has been conducting extensive training programs for government functionaries, private sector professionals, NGOs, and other practitioners with the objective of effective WASH implementation across the country. In addition, WASH Academy is an academic wing of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (WASH Institute) that conducts courses at Reddiarchatram, Dindigul, Tamil Nadu in affiliation with the Madurai Kamaraj University and Government of Tamil Nadu. The following are the courses offered – Conducting One year PG Diploma in Sanitary Inspector`s (PGDSI) course and Conducting One year PG Diploma in Water and Wastewater quality Management (PGDWWQM) and PG Diploma in Non Sewer Sanitation. Also, conducting Two year Diploma in Multipurpose Health Worker/Sanitary Inspector/ Health Inspector (HI) course from 2019 onwards. It is a Tamil Nadu Government approved course. We are looking for experienced professionals to work with us towards our visions of “a world where all the communities have access to safe, protected and sustainable drinking water and sanitation services, with improved hygiene practices”.
WASH Institute is looking for promising, experienced, and bright candidates
Name of the position Teaching Staff and Academic Director
No. of positions 1
Duty Station Dindigul, Tamilnadu
M.Tech./ Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering (or) M.Sc./ Ph.D. in Environmental Science
The primary role is to ensure that the wash academy course centre related project deliverables are being met, under stipulated time and quality requirements. Detailed roles of the position as per the project requirements are as follows:
1. Design syllabus for the academic courses and update them to suit the requirements of the sector.
2. Coordinate with University in getting relevant approvals and affiliations related to the proposed courses.
3. Prepare a roll out/implementation plan for the academic courses, including development of academic calendar and class timetables.
4. Prepare course materials such as teaching aids, handbooks, assignments, evaluations, manuals etc. for the academic programs. Review the course content, delivery methods and advise the faculty and project teams on necessary modifications to meet industry requirements.
5. Marketing of the course to attract eligible and interested potential candidates.
6. Delivery of wastewater and FSSM related topics and subjects as designated by the management.
7. Capacity development of wash academy course centre and project staff on topics of wastewater, FSSM and general management.
8. Engaging with external consultants, third parties, sectoral experts for preparation and delivery of courses.
9. Engage and guide the students in practical and academic related research on the subjects.
10. Ensure a thriving learning environment for students and young professionals.
11. Coordinate with Private sector and Government agencies in facilitating placement of the students who successfully complete the course requirements.
12. Ensure personality development of students and investing in their job readiness.
13. Conduct review of the project as per monitoring, learning and evaluation (MLE) requirements and recommend methods to effectively achieve project goals. Collate and compile MLE data requirements related to academic activities
14. Prepare project reports and other deliverables as per project requirements or as entrusted by the Project Director/Chief of Party.
15. Carry out academic course related administrative activities as necessary or as entrusted upon by the management.
In addition to the above roles of the project, the person shall also perform roles as per needs of the wash academy course centre called upon from time to time by the management.
Sound knowledge of speaking, reading, and writing in English is essential.
At least 5 years teaching experience of graduate or post graduate courses. Experience of Research or Work Experience in water, Sanitation and Hygiene including Fecal Sludge and Septage Management(FSSM)
The Annual salary CTC will commensurate with the available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process
How to Apply
Please submit your recent curriculum vitae, including up to a 150-200 words summary explaining why you think you are suitable for this position. Application can be e-mailed to the following address: [email protected]
The last date to submit application is 30th June 2022. The screening will be done on rolling basis. Hence, the candidates are requested not to wait till the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. When e-mailing, please mention the post and location in the “subject” line.
WASH Institute is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women candidates to apply. WASH Institute does not discriminate candidates based on age, caste, class, sex, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, disability and health.
Job Email id: careers(at)washinstitute.org